*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/674064-Vikings-Vs-Packers
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#674064 added October 31, 2009 at 11:23pm
Restrictions: None
Vikings Vs. Packers
I'm not making any predictions for round two of Favre vs. former team in his old haunts of Green Bay. But my son will. When prompted, my eight year old came up with a prediction of Vikings 42 and Packers 33. Granted, I was asking him how many touchdowns each team would tally. Take that for what it's worth.

I'm tired of the overdone stories on how fans will respond to his return to Lambeau. It doesn't have a bearing on the game. No amount of fan noise is going to rattle him, even if it's his former home crowd. Besides, they've booed him plenty before. I expect Fave is going to be focused and doing his job.

Then there are the questions of who is under more pressure, Favre or Aaron Rodgers. They are both proven professionals. I don't expect either is going to succomb to pressure. Although, I would say Rodgers is less scrutinized. Fox isn't going to have a camera on him for every second of that game like they plan to do with Favre. Knowing how much the media has pried up until now, it would be just another day at the office.

What I'll be watching is the Packer's offensive line. Can Rodgers continue to sling it downfield despite horrible protection? I figure he's going to break at some point. And their two top lineman are likely out for this game.

Second, the Vikings have been facing stiff competition and holding their own in recent weeks. The Steelers loss was nothing to be ashamed of. If anything, it fuels the desires to come into this game before the bye week and get their business done. The division lead is at stake.

The Packers, on the other hand, drubbed two lowly teams in the past few weeks. They are still making mistakes and not capitalizing in the red zone. They have to show the ability to come on strong early and close out in order to win this one. Until they prove they can, they're are the underdogs.

This should be Adrian Peterson's time to shine. It was Favre last time and the old man just flung the ball around 51 times in the Pittsburg defeat. With everyone wanting to see him on his back and the Packers need to get pressure on him after what he did last time, it's time to shift focus to the running game. If Favre keeps it under 25 throws, the Vikings should win.

Of course, I said of the Steeler game they needed to dominate the time of possession to win. They did and outgained the Super Bowl champs on offense and still lost because of two late turnovers that were returned for TDs. If just one of those doesn't go back to the house, the Vikings were still in it to win. I guess that was one game where they couldn't convert in the red zone against one of the top defenses in the league. I don't expect the Packers D to give them the same kind of fits.


R-E-S-P-E-C-T
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/31/favre-all-i-ask-for-is-respect/

R-E-S-P-E-C-T Part ll
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/31/mccarthy-nothing-but-respect-for...

© Copyright 2009 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/674064-Vikings-Vs-Packers