*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/674512-Thinking-about-Thanksgiving
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#674512 added November 3, 2009 at 10:07am
Restrictions: None
Thinking about Thanksgiving
Fidál (Grace), 19 ‘Ilm (Knowledge), 166 BE – Tuesday, November 3, 2009 about 6:07 AM Pacific Time

I'm thinking about Thanksgiving because of a poem I wrote for "SENIOR CENTER FORUM. The name of the poems is "Thanks for Thanksgiving. I enjoyed writing the poem because it brought back memories of Grandma Newland's Thanksgiving dinner. Grandma always cooked most of the dinner herself.

Grandma liked to cook the turkey. Mom would fix the dressing while Grandma prepared the turkey for the oven. After the turkey was washed, rubbed with butter, salt, pepper, and other spices, Mom and Grandma would stuff the dressing into the turkey.

I'm picking up our Thanksgiving box on November 21 from Angel Food Ministries. The box contains enough for a family of four for Thanksgiving, so it should last Mom and I for a while. Among other things, the box contains a ham and a roasting hen. I'm going to put the hen in the freezer and we will have the ham for Thanksgiving dinner.

Last year, we went out for Thanksgiving because my brother wired us money for Thanksgiving dinner. We're not going out his year, unless invited to dinner or one of my siblings sends us money to go out. I prefer to eat Thanksgiving dinner with family or friends in some bodies home.

This morning I am
thinking about Thanksgiving
the bounty of love.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/674512-Thinking-about-Thanksgiving