*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/674723-A-Bit-of--NaNo-Fun
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#674723 added November 4, 2009 at 2:16pm
Restrictions: None
A Bit of NaNo Fun...
No offense, but I think, in WdC, we are all anal-retentive. On the other hand, I think we rock. *Thumbsup*

While we worry about good ideas, viewpoints, story sequence, character drawing and the like, the other writers are just filling up the 50,000. I came to this conclusion after reading some of the NaNoisms, a few from earlier years, others from 2009:

" As this thought came to him, he was violently attacked by an idea."

"Even though they were the only two people in the world who could probably understand each other as nearly to completely"

"I was quite happy with my happy."

"“I know,” Benjamin said as if Allen was stating an obvious fact, which he was."

"Finally recovering from his initial, stun the counselor stepped up to the man."


See what I mean? Now you can tell your inner critic to shut up. *Laugh*

After all this, my own Nanoisms aside, my word count at the moment is 7874. Maybe I'll finish the novel by the end of the month.

This time, as a NaNo newbie, I put me in a difficult place by choosing to write on something that needed some research and twisted characters.

I know now that I am going to enter NaNo again, but next time, I'll start without an idea and just wing it with all the Nanoisms I can muster. That will be more fun. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2009 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/674723-A-Bit-of--NaNo-Fun