*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/674529-Nov-3-2009---NaNo-update
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#674529 added November 3, 2009 at 11:35am
Restrictions: None
Nov. 3, 2009 - NaNo update
So far so good. I am writing something around 1000 words in the mornings and adding to it 400- 600 words, three or four times a day. So far I'm averaging about 2000 words a day, but this won't last long since, tomorrow and after, I'll have other things to do like assessing the 500-Words-a-Day group's books for October, and the stuff in my regular real life. As of this entry, my word count is 5,858 words. It is late morning, and I hope to add to it later.

I am writing the book as simply as it comes. Before I post in the WdC item, I look it over and substitute a better word or two if they come to me. I read the whole thing once a day just to remind myself not to mix up the names, dates, or places. Most of it, I'm winging. Yet, even while winging it, I try to not waver too much from the research material I have, which I put together in a haste in just a few days. Maybe it is better not to suffer from the too-much-research syndrome, but in the case of this novel, certain locations, actions, and historical dates are important.

As to diction, yesterday, I laughed out loud while writing, Instead of the word boyfriend, I used beau, which sounded so odd, but it fit the diction of the time in which the incident occurred. I don't know how that word came to me either.

I am so surprised at my husband and in the most positive sense possible. Usually, he's the kind who wants what he wants and when, but he seems to back me up with this. He even seems excited about it, asking me my word count and all. He isn't even a novel reader. He'll read books relating to his work or to real life. Nothing fictional. Just the same, it is nice to know that he is there for me and not messing, in a negative way, with my writing.

Gotta go and do my real life things now. Happy writing, NaNoer pals!

© Copyright 2009 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/674529-Nov-3-2009---NaNo-update