*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/676103-Tired
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#676103 added November 14, 2009 at 4:15am
Restrictions: None
Tired

I just couldn't sleep tonight. Don't know why. The wife conked out around 8:00 after a very long day at work, so I've had the last five hours or so to myself. I actually made productive use of that time, finishing up six reviews for this week's round of the "The Official Mod Review Blitz!, and cranking out 4,000 words on my NaNo novel. Now I'm past the 10,000 word mark and by the end of the weekend, should only be a week or so behind. *Rolleyes*

I feel good about today. The story is finally clicking into place. I tried something new this year, by telling two convergent storylines, which was tough at the beginning, because I had to keep it interesting and maintain my own interest as I provided details and plot points that I knew wouldn't converge until much later. Now that things are starting to come together, the words are flowing faster and I'm hopefully headed into a situation where I've set up enough story threads that it'll give me plenty to write about in the last half of the novel. Unlike last year, where I only told one very basic storyline, and found myself struggling to find more to write about.

It felt damn good to write 4,000 words today, and I'm hoping that I can do the same tomorrow and Sunday to make up some of the deficit I've created for myself.

Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to maintain the roll I've been on for the last few hours, I finally hit the wall and need to get some sleep. Tomorrow is another day, with another 4,000 words to go. *Smile*

G'night WDC!

© Copyright 2009 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/676103-Tired