*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677252-Stupid-November
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #1617077
Crazy author, red ink is for editors.
#677252 added November 22, 2009 at 9:34pm
Restrictions: None
Stupid November
So... The curse lives on.

My brother-in-law broke his hand the other day. Sucks. He did it on our brand new wood splitter. Something about the wood being hung up and when he tried to get it out the springs released and crushed his hand between the wood and the thing you set it on.

Then, that night, Friday, I called my parents to check on them. They were supposed to be on their way home from Florida and I hadn't heard from them. Here's the conversation:

Dad: Hello.
Me: Hey, Dad. Where you guys at?
Dad: Still in Kissime.
Me: Oh. I thought you were coming home today.
Dad: Well, we were, but your mom is in the hospital.
Me: What? Why? What happened? Is she okay?
Dad: Yeah, she's fine. Her heart again. She'll be out tomorrow.
(Mom has heart palpitations from time to time.)
Me: Have her call me when she gets out then.
Dad: Okay. Oh, we put a bid in on a house down here and they accepted.
Me: (dumbstruck) Oh, okay.

Two weeks ago my parents, who've lived 200 miles away for five years, called me and flat out told me they were going to buy a house in a town that is about 30 miles from here. Now, in one swoop I not only find out my Mom isn't in as good a shape as she claimed, but they are going to be 900 miles away instead of 200.

Maybe that wouldn't bother me so much if things weren't what they were. When I was sixteen, my parents decided to move from Michigan to Tennessee. We left my entire family, including but not limited to about 30 cousins, dozens of aunts and uncles, and my 2 brothers. We gallavanted (against my will and I don't care that that isn't spelled right) to this damn state and shortly after I made a life for myself, they left. Basically, I've been abandon. I'm an orphan pretty much.

I don't know what I would do if it weren't for my husband and his family. In the last thirteen years, his parents have been more like parents to me than my own. Well, I think my husband sees me as his responsibility, which is fine. I am. *Bigsmile* You have to understand how little kid like I am to get that. I don't think I ever really grew up, even after having three kids.

Anyway, Mom and Dad apparently believe that even though I didn't come visit them when they lived 200 miles away, I'll make the 900 mile trip. Um... duh, I haven't been back to Michigan in 12 years, and it's closer. Think about it. Maybe I can't really afford it. Or, maybe I still get car sick every time I get in a vehicle. What's that? Ride a plane? ROFL! What part of can't afford and motion sickness didn't you get. Really? REALLY?

Sorry! Still irritate two days later. And, they haven't called like I asked. So, I don't even know if Mom is out of the hospital or if they are even going to bother coming home. Well, I guess I can't complain too much in that area. I rarely ever call them. That was freak thing the other night. I suppose I should call them more, and maybe the rest of my family, but I despise phones, and well really, talking to people. Always thought that was just a phase, but nope, guess not. It's getting worse as time goes by. Heh, it's gotten to the point that I don't answer emails anymore. Maybe I should go see one of them psycho ass systs. I mean psycho analysts. Then again, better not. They'll want me to conform and be a productive member of society. That just isn't me and isn't going to happen, then I'll be in one of those precious white suits forever hugging myself.

Stupid November. Stupid birthday. I never thought I'd actually want December to come.

© Copyright 2009 Jezz - Lost (UN: jezzilin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jezz - Lost has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677252-Stupid-November