*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677255-Oh-yeah
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #1617077
Crazy author, red ink is for editors.
#677255 added November 22, 2009 at 9:47pm
Restrictions: None
Oh yeah!
I realized what that little bit I posted the other day was. I've been thinking for a long time about rewriting Born of Disease. I just didn't know that's what I was doing. Here's the next bit. It's the part that clued me into what I was doing.

My eyes shifted with slow articulation to the floor behind him, where a black haired girl and an identical boy sat watching me. They were deeper in the darkness, surrounded by shadows, but even now I could see the glow of their eyes, as blue as I remembered the sky being.

I gasped and took a step forward, my already extended hand reaching out for the innocent children. How did this man come to be in care of them? They should have been with me. They were after all my kind.

One step was all it took for the man to growl and point the gun more solidly at me, protecting the young that were not at all like him. I could see them better now. They were identical, two heads full of delicate black curls, that fell halfway down their backs, soft pale flesh, bright pink lips, brilliant blue eyes with elliptical pupils.

My eyes shifted back to him. “But…”

His face softened as he glanced at the children. “I’ve cared for them since they were babies. I’ve protected them and kept them safe. I won’t let you hurt them now.”

The insult hit me like a hand across the face. I took a step back, trying to figure out why he would think I, of all people, would hurt the precious little children. When things had fallen apart, when the world exploded in on itself, wasn’t it I who gathered them to me and protected them with my very life? Wasn’t I the one who housed and fed and educated three thousand children?

“I don’t think you understand.” My voice was shrill, I knew. How could he think such things of me?


© Copyright 2009 Jezz - Lost (UN: jezzilin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jezz - Lost has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677255-Oh-yeah