*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677743-Happy-Thanksgiving
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#677743 added November 26, 2009 at 5:04pm
Restrictions: None
Happy Thanksgiving
Istijlál (Majesty), 4 Qawl (Speech), 166 BE – Thursday, November 26, 2009 about 1:42 PM Pacific Time

I'm not sure yet if it's a Happy Thanksgiving, but I'm going to give the day the benefit of the doubt. Mom's morning was difficult, this afternoon she seems a littler better. However, afternoons are always better for her then mornings.

Today, I'm sure everyone in the family knows Mom's is in the early stages of Alzheimer's because I called my brother in Colorado. Thank God, for Tom's wife Sylvia because she already suspect the problem and prepared him for it. Eventually I'm going to have to find a place for Mom; right now, she is most difficult when it comes to medication, but persistence and gentle persuasion help.

This is week 1 Day 3 of the medication, so I have a ways to go before I know how it's working. I'm going to have find a support group here in Las Vegas. The first place I need to look is the senior center on the corner of Eastern and Stewart, that is close to the house. The may have some activities for both patients and caregivers.

Perhaps this Thanksgiving is Happy after all. Happiness is a spiritual attribute and Thanksgiving is a spiritual holiday. Rather then focusing on the material problems we're having, I need to focus on the spiritual nature of the holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving


© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677743-Happy-Thanksgiving