*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677777-It-aint-Black-Friday-its
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#677777 added November 27, 2009 at 2:07am
Restrictions: None
It ain't Black Friday, it's...
Good evening Stoggers...just a quick Public Service Announcement on this Post-Thanksgiving "Holiday" a lot of you like to celebrate known as "Black Friday".

You know...the one where retail operators like to drop prices and open at insane hours, all in the name of the almighty $$.

Yes, you Black Friday shopper, we know that you waited in line for hours before the store opened just to take advantage of those deals. Us retailers just celebrated a holiday with family, some of which came halfway across the country just to do so. So the week for us turns into a whirlwind of planning, airport visits, planning who cooks or brings what, and relaxing with family we don't get to see much...and loved ones we won't see much in the next 6-8 weeks because we work in retail.

So do us a favor, Mr. or Mrs. "I waited out here for 4 hours, and you don't have the (sweet thing at a nice price) and now you've ruined my kid's Christmas". Don't bring it, cuz you're an idiot. Yeah, it's cheap, but you're not the only one privy to these good deals. And with this crappy economy, expect that more people have become value-conscious.

And we really don't want to kill you for crossing us on the busiest shopping day of the year. But we will. Your one-tracked minds have no idea what we go through dealing with you twits who can't start early or understand that we're not the problem...either you didn't get up early enough, or we just get such a good deal on a limited number of items. Supply and Demand people...it's a common idea taught in maybe 7th grade that nobody paid attention to, and retailers prey on that, because they know most of you Black Friday shoppers never paid attention to anything taught to you in junior high. I'm already prepared to get vocal on anyone with a PhD who decides to get agitated with me because I couldn't personally deliver the goods. Sorry you wasted your time. I have no sympathy for the cheap-outs. I don't care that you woke up early or didn't sleep in order to get "the deals". I had to wake up earlier than usual to cater to your either impatient, ignorant, or selfish ass. You are the problem, not me...I don't do the buying for this company. I'm just the messenger. Don't kill me cuz you couldn't handle your business better.

With that, I bid you all a belated Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours my faithful Studyees, and a great weekend. There are other things I'd like to touch on, but I can't because I have to wake up an hour early (and that's an hour on me that I have enough trouble dealing with, but it's not your fault!) to deal with the people who live for the deal and die for the cause. Oh, did I mention I get to do it from 7am til 9:30pm tomorrow? Child please...RESPECT those folks when a store runs out of the junk you "neeeeed". Seriously. We deal with enough shit at work, and we have LIVES also, believe it or not. We compromise enough to get you what you want year-round. Cut us some slack Friday and you might find a more compassionate retailer. Think about it. Peace y'all, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

** Image ID #1355758 Unavailable **
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2009 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677777-It-aint-Black-Friday-its