*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677788-Friday-November-27-2009
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#677788 added November 27, 2009 at 3:10pm
Restrictions: None
Friday, November 27, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009

         Good morning.  It's the day after Thanksgiving, aka Black Friday.  =)

         My mother got her new computer and is ecstatically optimistic.  She and dad were at Best Buy at 4:00 a.m., and the line to get into the store was a half mile long.  They saved $300 and met a really nice young man who was happy to help them get everything needed to set it up.  Mission accomplished, they're on their way home!

         I am a little down this morning, feeling sorry for myself -- alone.  As I lay in bed this morning encircled by a heating pad, a trickle of tears began streaming from the corners of my eyes down the sides of my face.  At that precise moment my telephone rang like church bells chiming.  My mom with computer in tow was excited... joy and happiness came flowing through her voice, like a child on Christmas morning.  All my sadness floated away.  =)

         I took a really long walk yesterday. By the time I got home my hips and groin were so sore, I was ready to break-dance.  =)  As I began my walk, I kept thinking... a little further, a little further.  Yet when I finally met my intended mark and began the trek home, the pain in my hip joints and lower back were on the rise.  I began hoping someone... anyone would pass and offer me a ride.  More determined than ever to be done with this tiresome jaunt, I finally made it home, staggering into the door like a drunk.  Then slipping into my back brace, I collapsed onto the sofa.

         My good friend, Carmen, invited me for Thanksgiving dinner, along with her husband, sons, and a few other close friends... such a kind-hearted, charitable person she is... truly a God-send to me.

         Now, I'm off to read my bible, encourage myself and communicate with my God. 

         Take care and have a wonderful Friday.

© Copyright 2009 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/677788-Friday-November-27-2009