*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/678069-Ummm-ok
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#678069 added November 29, 2009 at 6:50pm
Restrictions: None
Ummm, ok
So yesterday was the big day to get the decorations up outside. What a slow go I tell ya. First off, I had to clean the gutters, and I loathe that job. By the time I finished hanging the icicle lights, the strands decided to piss me off and some lit, others only partially. I swear I have lights that are over 10 years old, and I never have any trouble with them. The ones I bought only a few years back, suck, suck and suck some more! So I get them hung, the living room is a major mess with bags of lights all over the place, and then...hubby come home. We hit the remote (yes, I have all my outside lights on remote control. I so love the person who invented them!) and the light up, shut them off, and viola.....NOTHING. So hubby decides he has always hated the newer sets since we've had nothing but problems with them, and drags me up to Home Depot to check on the new LED beauties. We buy four boxes, and now it's cold, and dark, and my lovely hubby decides we should hang them and check em out. Hang the new sets, which only covered half of the front of the house, switch the older sets around, plug them in, and OMG. The new lights are wickedly awesome, and the old one..........ewww, nasty. The new ones are whitish blue and the ones this dull yellowish color. I so need more strands of LED lights.

After that, hubby and I ran up to Meijer and Target. I have been searching for purple lights for two years, always missing them. Struck out at Meijer, but Target NEVER let's me down. *Bigsmile* Got four sets of purple, and made the tree outside purple and green, woots.

Zak is sick. My poor baby. Doesn't want me to come near him because he doesn't want me to catch it. Well, I'M THE MOM. There is no way I can stay away. Took him to the clinic to find out he has a viral infection.

Hubby has this weird bubble in his eye. Tried to find an eye doctor open, but no luck. Will have to try again tomorrow.

This morning we got bad news from Lebanon. My MIL had a heart attack and is in the hospital. Cath is scheduled for tomorrow morning. I am hoping I can convince the man to fly over and see for himself that she is ok. I know how he gets. It's never any fun when his parents are sick because it's all he can think about. Bugs the crap out of me that we were the last to know. That no one bothered to send me a dang text message from there that only cost's them 17cents, irks me. I admit it. Only makes things worse when we are so far away and things get sugar coated.

Guess that's all I got. Have homework I haven't touched and need to get back into the revision game with Megan's.

© Copyright 2009 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/678069-Ummm-ok