*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/678620-Ups-and-down-down-down
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#678620 added December 3, 2009 at 11:08pm
Restrictions: None
Ups and down, down, down
You know that saying When it rains, it pours. Yeah, well, I hate it, and it's freaking true, which is most likely why I hate it. See how this works?

We found out on Sunday that my mother-in-law had a heart attack. It sucks that we are in the States and she is in Lebanon. It's been a pretty wild ride of a week as we wait for more information. Tomorrow we should get confirmation as to when the surgery will take place. They have the surgeon and hospital in place, always a good thing. She is resting comfortably at home until she goes in for the operation. I am hoping hubby will go over and be with the family, but some are telling him not to come. It's a major sore spot for me, so I won't even bother to comment.

A good friend is in the hospital as well. Seems like the days ahead will be a little more difficult, which is never fun. I work hard to keep that positive attitude going, but damn sometimes I just want to wallow in the crap for a bit. Can't seem to help it from time to time. Really think it has a lot to do with the fact that I can't come up with the next plan of action. Easy to keep going when you have direction. Without it, I tend to get lost and sit in limbo. My friend needs me, and I will be there. Just need to find that well and dig a bit deeper.

My last two quizzes earned 20/20. Not bad for taking two in less than one hour. These were essay's based on prompts. Only have four more classes to go and the final on the 18th. With everything going on, I already discussed things with my professor. I am allowed to miss the classes,but have to be there for the final exam. Was tempted to see if I could take it early, but I figure I'd better wait until I know for sure if hubby is flying over.

MAXINE SAYS


I've got the perfect cell phone plan fo ryou. Don't talk on one if you're anywhere near me.

Road rage in this country has become a serious problem. Especially for people who cut me off in traffic.

I'd gladly trade service with a smile for service with a brain.

Forgive me if I snap at you. I'm myself today. *Laugh*

I think of myself as an equal opportunity annoyer.

Just once I'd like to see a TV talk show that reunites the audience members with their brains.

I envy the Pilgrims. Imagine having an entire ocean between you and all your relatives!

I'm getting my house ready for Thanksgiving. You know, turning out the lights, pulling the shades, locking the doors.

~~I'm out~~


© Copyright 2009 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/678620-Ups-and-down-down-down