*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/678231-Final-Stretch
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1478547
"All books are either dreams or swords."
#678231 added November 30, 2009 at 10:50pm
Restrictions: None
Final Stretch
The final hours of NaNo have arrived. After I finish counting and writing around 11 o'clock my time I should be a couple thousand over 30,000. Not bad in my estimation. I'm okay (mostly) with not making it to the ultimate goal. Writing in such large quantities is extremely new to me. The mental drain alone was something of a life-altering experience. In the end I'm happy with how far I've gone, and what will be there in the future.

My goal for December is to try and finish a very, very first rough draft of it. Once I finished up the semester (three weeks, Holy Hell) I'll have about a month of off-time before I head back into the swing of things. During that time I'll have more time to breath and write, and be in more a clear mental mind space than I was before.

I take full responsibility for not making it to 50,000. There are reasons why it was hard, but those are only details not excuses. All I know is that I accomplished something I hadn't been able to do before. I might even get a novel out of it. Maybe one day in a blue moon I'll even try to get it published. I'm just happy to get the words out on paper. Purging the soul in a way.

Over the next few weeks I hope to combine everything I have, and submit the first few chapters here on WDC. I'd like to know where I need work, if the characters are fleshed out enough to be readable, and if people would like to continue on with the story or if I should start over from scratch. Much of what I've written is bad, lol. But I want to improve as much as possible. That's the only way to learn.

The NaNoWriMo experience all in all has been enjoyable. I feel better having participated, and look forward to the next year. Now I know what I need work on performance wise, and what I'm good at when the time comes. Like wine, the process will get better with age, I hope. There's a similar contest in May that I'm thinking about trying. My living situation will be different, one I've been looking forward to for some time, and hopefully the process will be one I can with the people around me. I have tons of other stories that need exorcism. This could be a way of doing that.

Final Conclusion - NaNaWriMo is awesomeness. *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2009 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/678231-Final-Stretch