*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679142-Johns-fears-and-secrets
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1625129
Book version of my John Wolfstone story
#679142 added December 8, 2009 at 4:12pm
Restrictions: None
John's fears and secrets
Unfortunately, an old nightmare of his showed up. In it, he was in a blood-soaked street, running in fear for his life. There were others running as well, with someone screaming every so often. Finally, it was down to him and his pursuer.

“Why are you running? Turn and face your fate,” said a deep and malevolent voice.

This only caused John to run faster, until he tripped on someone’s torn leg. When he tried to get up, he found himself stuck to the street.

Then the voice said, “Tired, why don’t you rest in my stomach.” At that point, a large fur covered hand with long sharp claws grabbed and picked him up.

Then John found himself, face to face with the worst monster he knew of, his giant werewolf form.

“We are the same, you and I,” said the giant werewolf. “So why do you run from me?”

“Because you are nothing more than a flesh eating monster that eats people for the thrill of it,” John shouted.

“Well in that case,” the giant werewolf said. “I shall enjoy feasting upon your flesh.”

At that, the monster tossed John into the back of his mouth and down his throat, where he started screaming.

Then, just before he woke up in a cold sweat, John heard the giant werewolf say, “You can’t run from what you are, he that tries to runs from his love of the taste of human flesh.”

As John opened his eyes, he gasped for air.

“It was just a dream John,” he said to himself. “That monster was not you. You wouldn’t do those sorts of things. That isn’t you.”

He then got up out of bed and headed in the direction of the bathroom, so he could take a cold shower. It was just the thing he needed to clear his head.

However, on his way there, he saw that the door to Julia’s room was wide open. As he went to close it, he saw the moonlight shining on her face. He smiled as he saw this and started to go into the room, so he could replace a fallen sheet, when it happened.

His mouth started to drool and he started licking his lips. Then his body started to grow, as well as shift into his werewolf form, and his thoughts started to change from replacing the sheet to placing Julia into a sack and tossing her into the oven and roasting her slowly and then enjoying her deliciously tasty flesh all to his own self.

However, just as he was about to grab her, John stepped on the one loose board in the whole room. The sound not only snapped him back to reality, but it caused Julia to start to wake up.

She looked at John, her eyes still sleepy, and said, “Mr. John, why are you in my room?”

At this, John quickly ran out of the room into the bathroom and slammed the door shut, which caused both Tawna and Justian to wake up.

When they got out of their respective rooms and into the hallway, they saw Julia standing in front of the bathroom, with a puzzled look on her face.

She looked at them and said, “I think there might be something wrong with Mr. John. He’s in there crying and talking to himself and he told me to stay away from him just now.”

When Tawna got to the door, she knocked.

“Go away Julia. You… have to… stay… away… from… me… right… now,” said a low, and ragged, voice, which was also breathing, heavily, as if someone had been doing some very difficult and rigorous exercise.

“Mr. Wolfstone, it’s me, Tawna,” Tawna said, worriedly. “Are you all right in there?”

“No I’m not," John said, still breathing heavilly. "You must keep Julia away from me, for her safety, right now.”

“Why?” the young werewolf asked.

“Remember when said that I get sick when I eat human meat?”John asked.

“Yah, I remember,” Tawna said.

“It isn’t the meat that makes me sick," John said, as his voice got deeper. "No, I LOVE to EAT It! The Flavor, That Juicy Breast, The Firm Buttocks, Those Succulent Thighs and Legs, Oh I Love All of it!!!!!!! If I wanted to, I would eat it everyday and never get sick of it at all!”

At this, the three young ones backed away from the door, Julia scared about what she had heard from the person who had saved her life, and Tawna and Justian were shocked that their “vegetarian” teacher actually loved the taste of human flesh.

“However,” John said, as his voice became normal. “The thing that stops me from doing that, and causes me to get sick, is guilt. It is the guilt of, in order for me to fulfill that craving; I would have to take someone’s life. The guilt of someone never being able to see that person they cared about again. The guilt of, that in order to satisfy my desire, I’d have to take away someone’s hopes and dreams.”

At this, the young ones heard a heavy thud, causing the floor to vibrate, and some very heavy crying.

“Julia, you don’t know how close you were to being killed by my own hands," John said, with sobbing in his voice. "If I hadn’t stepped on that board I would of- OHMYGOD!”

At this, some quick heavy footfalls and the sound of vomiting is heard.

Julia swallows her throat and nervously opens the bathroom door. She sees John in the form she first saw him in, a werewolf, but easily twenty feet tall. His mouth is in the bathtub, where he is puking his guts out and his eyes are shut.

When he was done, he turned his head and saw her.

“Get out of here!” he shouted. “It’s not safe for you to be near me when I’m like this! I’m nothing more than a blood thirsty monster that hungers for the taste of human flesh! No matter how much I try to deny it, there is a monster deep inside me who would like nothing better that to grab you, stuff you down my throat and eat you alive!”

He then clutched the sides of the bathtub, causing it to bend.

However, Julia tentatively walked up to him and wrapped her arms as best as she could around his chest.

“You’re not a monster,” she said softly. “A monster wouldn’t have bothered to save my life. A monster would not have put my safety before his personal desires. He would not have tried to keep me safe from himself.”

At this, John looked at her and asked, “Do you really mean that? You don’t think I’m a monster?”

This caused Julia to smile and shake her head.

At this, John sighed and sat down on the floor. He then placed his arms around the girl and held her to his chest.

“Thank you,” he said. “Not many people would have said that if they saw me like this. Some would have run, others would have laughed, but none would have come up to me and comfort me when I needed it. It’s hard to fight something that is in you so you can be who you are. It’s even harder when that something is a small but powerful part of your being.”

At this, John started to cry on Julia’s shoulder.

“Can you forgive me for even attempting such a dreadful thing?” he asked.

“You saved my life,” Julia said. “Not only did you save me from that kitsune, but from yourself, so yah, I forgive you.”

At this, John sighed, and started to shrink down and become more human-like.

“Let’s get you back to bed,” he said. “In the morning I need to set up an appointment so that I can legally adopt you. That way those kitsunes won’t be able to sue me for rescuing you from their son.”

Then he stood up and walked out of the bathroom, into the room Julia had been sleeping in.

As he set her back into bed, John kissed her and said, “Sleep tight, my brave little princess. I’ll see you in the morning.”

When he got out of the room and shut the door, John saw his two students behind him.

He looked at them and said, “I don’t want anyone to hear about what you two saw in the bathroom. Not only would most people not understand the reasons as to why I want to keep it quiet, it would give them something to try and use against me. Being called and considered a ‘vegetarian’ would be innocent compared to what I’d be called after that. Now go to your rooms and try to get some sleep, you have school in the morning.”

With that, the two young ones nodded and went back to their rooms as John went to his. As he went to sleep, John had a pleasant and peaceful dream with Julia in it. While he would be unable to remember the exact details in the morning, it was the most wonderful thing he had ever experienced.
© Copyright 2009 BIG BAD WOLF is hopping (UN: alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679142-Johns-fears-and-secrets