*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679172-Cafeteria-date-and-some-truth-about-Janelles-past
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1625129
Book version of my John Wolfstone story
#679172 added December 8, 2009 at 5:14pm
Restrictions: None
Cafeteria date and some truth about Janelle's past
Some time later, at lunch, John was sitting down, eating a beef sandwich.

He was smiling, because it seemed that today was his lucky day.

First, Samual was being taken care of, in a way that should make him think twice before he said another rude comment about someone.

Then, he, more or less, told the class that it was beneath them, as people, to let their urges control them, and gave them a good reason to not let them control them.

Mr. Snapjaw had told him that he respected him, that he could soon become the Vice-Principal, and that he approved of him being with his daughter.

He had managed to get his students to like him, and several more things as well.

The only real damper was that Janus would retire next year, but if there was one person who deserved a vacation, it would be her.

“This is the best day of my life,” he thought, as he took a bite out of his sandwich.

Then a voice asked, “Excuse me, but is this seat taken?”

John looked up to see Janelle smiling at him.

“Why, not at all,” he said, scooting over.

“I apologize for my actions yesterday,” she said. “And thank you, for saving me.”

“No apologizes or thanks needed,” John said, with a smile. “If I met someone who did what I did to those students, I’d call them a monster myself. As for saving you, well, that’s a part of who I am. I save people everyday. If anything, it should be me apologizing for what I put you through.”

“Hey, that wasn’t your fault," Janelle said. "You had no control over your actions just then. Besides, you had safety measures set up, and your friends were able to take care of you then.”

“And that’s a reason the different races should learn to live together in harmony," John said, as he looked at the woman. "Alone, none of them could have stopped me, not the Highmans, not the Tailscales, not even my friend and his wife themselves, though it would have been close with those two. However, together, they were able to not only take me down, but make sure that I was still alive, and check to make sure that you and the others were alright.”

“Are you really that powerful?” Janelle asked.

“Actually, do you remember that wolf that destroyed City Hall, the courthouse, those stockyards, those restaurants, and took on the police and city guard?” John asked.

“Yah," Janelle said. "The creature caused several billion dollars in damage, but other than the police, the city guard, and those who worked at the stockyards and restaurants, it didn’t harm very many other people, not even those held at the stockyards or those restaurants.”

“Would you care to make a guess as to who that creature was?” John asked, with a sly smile.

At this, Janelle’s eyes bulged.

“That was you!?!” she exclaimed.

“Shush, not so loud,” John whispered. “If people found out, well, there would be trouble.”

“Well, how did you become a giant, white, wolf?” Janelle asked.

“I’m not sure really,” John said. “I know that I was angry because of a law that was passed after my parents died. I have a feeling that my blood relatives and the Redbloods had a hand in that. As for everything else, it’s a mixture of pictures and feelings. To be honest, I can’t really remember what happened that day.”

“You know what?” said Janelle, “It’s the same with me. I remember turning on the T.V. in the classroom, and seeing, well, you, in front of City Hall and the courthouse. After that, just one big old blur. Next thing I knew, it was morning and I was waking up on the floor in the classroom, with all the students as well.”

“You know, Julia said that she saw someone, but I haven’t really thought about it,” John said. “However, Julia said that she had felt safe, and I had felt a presence, as if my mother was watching me.”

“What do you think it was?” Janelle asked.

“I don’t know, but some things are best left unexplained,” John said, with a smile. “Much like how is it possible for a T-Rex to get a dragon pregnant, and have a human for a child.”

At this, Janelle blushed.

“I wouldn’t know,” she said, turning her head away.

“Well I know this, your father has no human in him, that’s for sure,” said John. “And even if your mother was half human, that wouldn’t explain why you are a full one. In fact, if the scent of the blood from that cut on your finger is any indication, you aren’t even Jeff’s daughter.”

“Yes I am,” Janelle said. “He’s the man who raised me.”

“Oh, I buy that," John said, as he looked into the woman's eyes. "But, by blood, you are not. The only plausible logical explanations as to who your father is are, 1, a student Jeff took home, that his wife used as a sex toy, 2, a pet or a slave of some sort, and 3, a man your mother bought as a meal, had pleasure her, so he would tire out, before she finally ate him.”

At this, Janelle’s face twitched, as if John had struck a nerve.

“However,” John said, as he turned his head back to his lunch. “That is something I don’t care about. To me, it doesn’t matter if one is, or isn’t legitimate. You could be the daughter of this country’s leader, or of a prostitute and some bum off of the streets. I wouldn’t care about any of that. As my father once told me, ‘What you are doesn’t matter. It’s who you are that is important.’ And he and my mother would know. They were both children of human slaves and non-human masters, of different races each, but they still met, fell in love, got married, and cared for hundreds of children, all before I came along.”

Then he turned his head, and, gently, had Janelle’s face his.

“But like I said,” he said. “I don’t care who your blood parents were or are. I wouldn’t even care if you weren’t human. It’s who you are, as a person that I care about. I wouldn’t even care if you were of some branch of the Redblood family, and I despise the Redbloods, it would be you, as a person that I cared about.”

“You’re serious about that?” Janelle asked, a tear running down her face.

John placed a finger just under the side of her nose, caught it and said, “Yes Janelle, I would.”

He then kissed her on the lips, much to the surprise of everyone watching.

“Knew I should have taken James up on that offer to teach me that illusion spell,” he thought, the moment after his lips separated from hers.

Of course, that thought left his mind; the second Janelle kissed him back. “Then again, that illusion would have been hard to set up. After all, it’s not like I’m going to mix the tails of a cat-person, a werewolf, and a kitsune with the blood of a giant, a naga, and a dridder anyways. It would be too much trouble for a few moments of privacy and pleasure.”
© Copyright 2009 BIG BAD WOLF is hopping (UN: alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679172-Cafeteria-date-and-some-truth-about-Janelles-past