*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679182-Ghosts-crossing-over-a-comforting-talk
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1625129
Book version of my John Wolfstone story
#679182 added December 8, 2009 at 5:29pm
Restrictions: None
Ghosts crossing over, a comforting talk
Then, John felt some pain in his leg, because James had taken Clara as well.

“I best sit down,” he said, carefully setting himself onto the ground.

Janelle came up to him, and grabbed a hold of him, crying.

“John,” she said. “Why did you do that? You could have been killed, you stupid fool.”

John just smiled and started stroking her hair.

“It’s nice to know that you care about me,” he said, kissing her cheeks. “By the way, I think your father wants to talk to you for a bit. He’s over there in the trees. As for me, there are some people that want to talk to me.”

“Okay John," Janelle said, as she stood back up. "After I talk to my father, you and I need to talk about something.”

“I know,” John said, gently placing a hand on her belly, which had a slightly rounded look to it. “I know.”

Then he smiled, as Janelle walked into the forest, to see her father.

As she disappeared into the forest, John looked behind him, to see the ghost children.

“Well, will that do the trick?” John asked.

“Yes, that will do,” the ghost boy from earlier said. “Thank you, monster who has the heart and soul of a human.”

With that, the ghost children disappeared, crossing over into the light.

John smiled, as he heard the laughter of children playing.

“I hope to get to know you better,” he said. “And that will be when it becomes my time to go.”

Then, he heard someone crying and saying, “Father, don’t go. I need you.”

It was Janelle.

Then he heard a deep voice saying, “I will always be with you, daughter. I am proud to have raised a daughter such as you. Even if you can’t see us, me and your mother will watch over you, and help you when you need it.”

John looked towards the woods, just in time to see a flash of light come and go.

“Going to miss you Jeff,” he said, as he grabbed a branch from the tree he was under, and used it to stand up.

He then started limping to where he heard Janelle crying.

When he saw her, she was in a clearing, which was filled with flowers.

She looked at him and said, “He’s gone, he’s gone for good. I’ll never see him again.”

“Well, I don’t know about you never seeing him again,” John said. “But, whenever I was going through some tough times, I could almost swear that I could hear my mother and father giving me information, from beyond the pearly gates themselves.”

“Are you saying that he will be there for me?” Janelle asked.

John just smiled as he limped close to her.

“Yah,” he said. “He really does love you. He held on long enough to tell me what happened to him and your mother, and stuck around to make sure that you were safe from harm.”

“I wonder how he’ll watch me,” Janelle said, placing her arms under John’s.

John looked up at the sky and said, “Well, I don’t know if it is true or not, but my father once told me that the spirits of one’s loved ones are in the clouds and stars, looking down on those they care about, and giving them the help that they need. At least, that was what his mother, a human, told him before, well, whatever it was that happened to her, because my father never told me her fate, same with my mother about her human father. But, they would always say that they could hear them, even when I knew that they had to be dead. Now come on, let’s take you to my place. I don’t think that your place would do you any good anyways.”

“But John, how are we going to get there?" Janelle asked. "Your leg seems to be broken, or something.”

At this, John just chuckled and said, “Just hold on tight, I’m going to call up my brother in-law. If nothing else, my sister can persuade him to help us out.”

“Wait, who’s your brother in-law?” Janelle asked, as she didn't know much about John's extended relations.

“Let’s just say that the only thing that scares him is my sister, when she is angry and going through her period," John said, with a chuckle. "Now hold on tight, it’s about to get very hot around you and I.”
© Copyright 2009 BIG BAD WOLF is hopping (UN: alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679182-Ghosts-crossing-over-a-comforting-talk