*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679273-Just-Dashing-Through
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#679273 added December 9, 2009 at 4:18am
Restrictions: None
Just Dashing Through
It's too early for me. It's dark and dreary. The birds are singing and hubby is clanging pots, clearing his throat and crunching toast. Sometimes the idea of having a quiet morning alone would be an incentive to rise early, but it seems it will never be.

I couldn't get to sleep last night despite being very weary. It happens a lot at this time of year. I put it down to lack of sunshine and an overactive brain cell. But I've had to be up early as I'm going to meet my sis in a bit, who will be staying over until Friday. We've a busy schedule, including seeing a private medium for a reading on Thursday and rising early on Friday to visit a friend in my favourite town of Newark.

On Saturday I'll have to be getting up long before the birds, but I doubt I'll beat hubby to the kettle. I'll be off to London with a friend for the weekend, where we'll be seeing the stage show 'Jersey Boys' and visiting Convent Garden. I suppose once I get back I'll feel like sleeping for a fortnight, but will be forced into preparing for that Humbug thing I'm trying not to think about right now.

So apologies if I neglect you over the next few days, but I'll still be wishing you well and hoping to catch up at some stage next week. Thank you to all my loyal readers and particularly to alfred booth, wanbli ska for the fabulous merit badge I received this week. It's a long time since I was given one of those, so it really brightened my day.

Better go and get sorted and attempt to force myself into the land of the living. I so wish someone would invent a harmless sleeping pill which brought on peaceful, dreamless sleep then ensured we woke bright and breezy at dawn. Next life I'm going to be a bird...or a hubby.

© Copyright 2009 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679273-Just-Dashing-Through