*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679520-Whirlwind
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#679520 added December 11, 2009 at 8:08am
Restrictions: None
Whirlwind
Yep, that's what it's been around here. My MIL had a successful quad bypass on Wednesday. With the time change, it was hard for us to sleep Tuesday night knowing it was happening. By the time I got up at 6, I had two text messages saying the surgery was a success. When we called we learned it even took less time than originally thought. Bonus. My MILs a strong woman, that's for sure! When I spoke to her on the phone Tuesday afternoon, she was more concerned about me, telling me not to worry, or be upset that she was going to be fine, it was no big deal. Gotta love it.

So it looks as if hubby and I will be ringing in the New Year in Libnan. I heard him on the phone when they specifically told him that neither of us could come alone. Come as a couple, or don't come at all. OUCH! Man those in-laws can be a right pain. *Laugh* The last winter I spent in Lebanon was in 1995, so it's probably long over due as far as they're concerned. Hubby went in December 07 for the Eid Ikbier and New Years 08'. He'd missed going in 06' for our regular vacation when the boys and I were evacuated from the war that summer.

Today is my last class! Woots. Have a quiz, and will get the final essay exam prompts to look over for the next week until the test on the 18th. Not really worried about it. There is no way I can fail, so as long as I stay on topic, it should be fine. Here's to hoping that when he narrows down the 10 prompts to 3, one of them is something I'm interested in writing about. *Wink*

Sent out the xmas cards, all with Zak's senior pix. Can't wait to hear what everyone has to say about it. My favorite part of switching the picture out in the 8x10 frame is seeing how much the boys have changed from year to year. They were so shocked when I called them in to scope. Zak looked so miserable in his 7th grade picture, and even he knew it. In one year Danny has had a lot of growth and it's easy to see his face changing. Sigh, my babies aren't babies any more. DAMN IT! Can't I keep them little forever, when you get those strangling hugs because they don't want to let go because they think their parent is the most incredible person on the planet??????

Oh, the hand. Yeah, it sux. Enough said? LOL. Waiting on the witch that calls herself my doctor to send the paperwork downtown so I can see a hand specialist. Did some reading this morning on the net, and after my ER visit on Saturday, I am leaning toward the torn ligament. I ruled out Carpal Tunnel all on my own. And since it is difficult to find any information about a torn muscle in the palm, I'd say the ligament is probably the most accurate. Dr. T is in the house!

Well, out into the freakin freezing Michigan morning to class that is...

Stay warm and toasty!


© Copyright 2009 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679520-Whirlwind