*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680270-Tis-a-good-day
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#680270 added December 17, 2009 at 10:17pm
Restrictions: None
Tis a good day
I can't remember the last time I saw a few days go by and each one got better as the week went on. My MIL was released from the hospital on Tuesday, and hubby and I got to chat with her on the webcam before work that morning, and again this morning. We have our flight set, not when we wanted to leave, but the best we could get without dropping 4k to do so. Apparently Christmas time is considered high season. *Sad* So we leave on the 30th, arrive in Beirut 4 hours before 2010. At least we'll be there to ring in the New Year with the family.

Now the debate begins over where Zak and Danny will be. When are they old enough to stay home alone with relatives checking in on them? They are good kids, and I think they will be fine on their own. Aside from learning how to do laundry, they are pretty self sufficient.

My poem is getting a lot of attention, and between Jason, and Lutzy, it now has a pretty purple ribbon on it. I didn't expect that, but I am honored that, Jason, especially was pleased with it. He was monumental in getting me to finish writing it, and needs to know that without his help, it would still be stalling on line 8. So my new found friend, thanks for the push, and reminding me where hope comes from. *Wink* The rest of the crew is well, and getting better!!

Today Zak took a big leap, and I freaked. *Laugh* He took the truck with his friend to pick up another from school and drive them home. So I said yes right away, since I sure as heck didn't want to have to go back out. But once the reality hit, I started to pace, and send messages to my bf about what was happening. Let's just say I made it through. And Zak came back happy, proud, and a little bit stunned. Off to the kitchen to make cookies for his food class. The boy wants the extra credit. Tired of not getting a solid A in that class. It's messing up his GPA.

Must jet, final is in the morning. I survived going back to college at 40! How wicked is that?

Oh, and the new partnership between the Quickie and UEN, looks good!!!

© Copyright 2009 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680270-Tis-a-good-day