*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680759-Prompt-2-Dec-22-2009
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#680759 added December 22, 2009 at 9:15pm
Restrictions: None
Prompt #2: Dec. 22, 2009
My response to the second prompt in the Frontliners 12 Day of blogging contest, which is to complete the line "A reindeer just ate ___________”


Breaking News from the North Pole
December 22, 2009


"A reindeer just ate all the dill pickles and snow ice cream in Christmas Town!” The news anchor took a deep breath and then continued. “Rudolf entered Mrs. Claus’s kitchen about 6:00 PM North Pole Time tonight and consumed all snow ice cream and dill pickles she had on hand.”

“While Rudolf,” the blonde co-anchor took up the report, “was in the Claus kitchen, the rest of the team was Elf Mess Hall eating all the snow ice cream and dill pickles there.”

“As a result of those raids,” the main anchor took up the report again. “Santa Claus has canceled his deliveries this year.”

“Why is that, Tom,” the blonde smiled into the camera rather then looking at her partner.

“Apparently, Samantha, the rumors about gender of Santa’s reindeer team are true.”

“What rumors are those, Tom?”

“That Rudolf and the others are all females. It seems, Samantha, that only female reindeer have antlers in winter. The males lose their antlers when breeding season ends, but the females need their antlers to protect their young in winter.”

“So, Tom, what you’re saying is that Rudolf and the rest of the sleigh team are pregnant.”

“Considering that the team is eating pickles and ice cream; I’d say that’s a good assessment.”

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680759-Prompt-2-Dec-22-2009