*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/682000-Ring-in-the-New
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#682000 added January 1, 2010 at 8:34pm
Restrictions: None
Ring in the New
I believe this is my fifth New Year entry on WDC and just as yesterday, I'm grateful to have survived to be able to write it.

I no longer wake with great expectations for the day, quite the opposite. To get through each one with no major traumas and a little relaxation time is as much as I dare ask.

I didn't have a hangover this morning which is a positive, but still felt bone weary and not ready to face the day. No golf and endless holiday closures mean hubby is a constant, so his model railway making all morning came as no surprise. My escape came in the form of a long, solitary walk which was pleasant in a perverse sort of way, despite the cold weather and lack of energy.

I hadn't anticipated hospital visits at the start of a new year, but should hardly be surprised after so many similar scenarios. Off we went this afternoon to see my Dad, still undiagnosed and awaiting a plan for the future. I honestly believe he's had enough of life and simply cannot be bothered with things any longer, but what are we to do?

The hospital trip has become a familiar in my life since Adam was a lad and my biggest fear is once all the visiting stops I will be the next in line as a patient. But no good going down the imponderable road; one day at a time and all that.

Another snowfall wasn't anticipated either, but here we are on January the first, white over. I just hope it doesn't get any worse or prevent my sis coming over next week to give me a break. Only the first day of the year and I need one already.

But, on a positive note my new Wii Fit Plus informed me today my golf swing is so good I should be a pro. Maybe the time has come for me to be the golfer in the family and hubby to sit at home writing blogs. They couldn't be more boring than mine. *Laugh*

So, nothing has changed. Life as I know it will continue, though I take nothing for granted these days. Maybe tomorrow Robbie will come knocking at my door and whisk me away to pastures new where there are no hospitals, no model railways, no golf and better things to do late at night than sit drinking and writing daft blog entries.

In my dreams...

© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/682000-Ring-in-the-New