*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/682022-Episode-7---Shiny-and-New
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1631928
This gives a little backstory before my Season 8 Virtual Series begins.
#682022 added January 1, 2010 at 10:12pm
Restrictions: None
Episode 7 – Shiny and New
Slayers Virtual Season 8

Episode 7 – Shiny and New

Starring:

Matt Long as Alex Sanders
Lizzy Caplan as Eliza Sanders
Nanako Matsushima as Shina Taji
Jennifer Ehle as Jennifer Sanderson
And Johnny Depp as David, the Archangel
Navi Rawat as Dana
And a surprise guest!

Written by Kelley Hawkins
Edited by Melody Nation

Disclaimer: The major characters in these episodes/stories are the creations of Joss Whedon and any and all entities who have a share in them such as Twentieth Century Fox, UPN, Warner Bros or Mutant Enemy Productions. The stories are written by fans and are not intended for profit or to infringe upon or undermine the established copyright of those mentioned above. The situations depicted in these stories (sexual or otherwise) are not intended to harm the reputations of those actors associated with the characters involved. The only things that are ©2004 are those characters that are the creation of the Slayers VS8 staff and the original plotlines of the stories.

Teaser

Faith paced her living room anxiously awaiting a word, any word, from Jade. It has been almost a week since she called Jade and left her a voicemail. She has not heard anything from her sister since she left town four weeks before. Faith quickly took the pack of crumpled cigarettes from her jeans pocket and wrestled for her lighter buried in the other pocket. She took a cigarette out and tried to light it. Her lighter would not work. She angrily tossed it across the room.

“Damn!” Faith yelled to the empty room and then picked up the phone. She dialed Jade’s cell phone number once more. It rang three times and just when she expected it to ring a forth time before Jade’s voicemail kicked in, someone answered.

“Jade?” Faith asked.

Silence.

“Jade, is that you?”

Then a heavy breathing took the place of the silence. Then a muffled voice, “Jade can’t come to the phone right now, May I take a message.”

“Who is this?” Faith demanded. There was no response from the other end.

“Who the hell is this?” Faith asked again, completely losing any reserve of coolness.
“You will soon find out, I promise,” the muffled voice replied and then the call went dead.

In an explosive fury, Faith threw her phone against the wall and then she began to cry and crumpled to a heap in the middle of the floor. Faith sobbed like her heart had broken and all hope for a life was completely lost to her. For the first time since she became a Slayer, she felt helpless and more alone than ever.

Act One

Anna Monroe tried to sleep. She found a safe haven under a low stone archway in a deserted park. She felt scared and alone despite her Slayer strength. Anna tried to get comfortable once more and just as she felt herself starting to doze off, the sun began to rise. The sun’s warmth blazed right in her face. She covered her eyes and then realized now that daylight has arrived, there was no time to sleep. She had to find a place to stay tonight. She couldn’t sleep outside again.

Anna sat up and looked around her. A small dog slept under a park bench. The dog had a scraggily coat of dirty blond hair and Anna could see his bones. After grabbing some beef jerky from her backpack, Anna walked toward the dog. Before Anna could reach the dog, it immediately raised its head and looked toward Anna with mistrust. Then it was obvious that the dog smelled the food. The dog stood up and met Anna before she could reach it. Anna reached out and let the dog smell the jerky. She dropped a piece of the jerky on the ground and the dog ate it hungrily. She decided to let the dog take the next piece out of her hand so it would come to trust her. She held out her hand with a piece of jerky in her palm. The dog warily approached Anna and smelled her dirty hand and then the jerky. He eagerly took the food and chomped down once more. After Anna finished feeding the dog the rest of the jerky, she dared touch the dog. He shied away from her.

“Come on, little man, come here,” Anna whispered in a friendly voice. The dog cautiously approached Anna once more. She held out her hand in a friendly offer and the dog bowed his head. Anna scratched his head eagerly and the dog enjoyed the affection.

“Do you want a friend?” Anna asked the dog as she gathered him in her arms. The dog did not resist her and let her cradle him against her warmth. Anna looked at the dog a little closer and noticed that he did not have a collar on. He also had some ticks on his body and many fleas. Anna didn’t care. She now had a friend.

* * * * *

Buffy opened her eyes and glanced over at Xander. He slept comfortably beside her. She smiled at him and then rolled over to cuddle against his chest. He stirred from his pleasant slumber and wrapped his arms around her. Buffy felt warmth wash over her body. She felt him rise up slightly and then she felt the tender kiss he placed on top her head.

“Good morning, beautiful,” Xander whispered.

“Morning,” Buffy answered him.

“I’m glad you called Dawn to let her know you wouldn’t be home last night,” Xander told her. “I wanted to wake up with you right beside me. It’s only been my wish like...forever.”

Buffy smiled and then kissed his bare chest. “Wish granted, Master.”

Xander chuckled.

Buffy moved her head up to face him and then planted her chin on his chest as she stared at him lovingly. “I don’t know what came over me last night. I was like a cat in heat or something,” Buffy said, laughing. “But I had to have you, Xander,” Buffy whispered next.

Xander smiled down at her. “No complaints here.”

“So what do you have in the kitchen? I’m starved!” Buffy asked.

“Allow me, please,” Xander said but before he rose from his position on the bed, he grabbed both her arms and lifted her toward him. He kissed her lips deeply. “Buffy, you know that I love you, right?”

Buffy smiled at him and tears immediately sprang to her eyes. “I love you, too,” Buffy whispered.

“That’s a relief,” Xander said in a joking tone. “I am glad you didn’t just use me last night.”

“Never!” Buffy said and kissed him hard on the mouth.

“So do you want blueberry or buttermilk?”

“Huh?” Buffy asked confused.

“Pancakes?”

“Surprise me,” Buffy said and laughed deeply.

“One stack of surprise me pancakes coming right up,”

“I’ll go take a shower then,” Buffy said as she rose from the bed. The minute Xander saw her lovely golden body standing before him he walked toward her and gathered her roughly into his arms. When she looked up at him, new desire filled her eyes. “Wanna join me,” Buffy asked him huskily. “You can surprise me there first.”

Xander reached down and kissed Buffy until she was breathless and when he stopped, she begged him to kiss her like that again. Xander kissed her harder this time and all thoughts of a shower and “surprise me” pancakes were lost to them when Buffy moved down his body and took him wholly in her mouth. Xander moaned as Buffy continued her sweet assault of his manhood.

* * * * *

Giles walked into the bookstore at exactly 9 am. The owner sat at the desk behind the counter reading the latest romance by Diana Palmer. She smiled at him briefly. Giles found this bookstore on the Internet. He had been pleasantly surprised to find they had all kinds of older books about the occult.

He found that he was the only one to occupy the store at this hour. He moved through the store and then smiled as he found the books marked “New Age.” He began to browse through all the books and found an older hardback book that caught his interest. He pulled the book from the shelf and began to thumb through it. It was about demon possession. Giles frowned as he read a passage from the book. “Those bloody bastards,” Giles muttered and then placed the book back on the shelf. He heard the bell chime above the door of the bookstore as he continued to browse the books. After a few moments, Giles found himself engrossed in a book about cryptozoology when he felt a soft tap on his shoulder. He jumped slightly and turned around to find Jennifer Sanderson. She smiled up at him and then glanced at the title of the book he held in his hands. She gave it a second glance when she didn’t think she read it correctly the first time.

“How nice to see you, Mr. Giles,” Jennifer said.

“Likewise, Ms. Sanderson. I see you too haunt used bookstores as well.”

“Yes, in fact they are holding a book for me,” Jennifer said glancing at the front desk.

“May I ask which book?”

“Yes, it is somewhat rare. It’s an H.P. Lovecraft collection, The Watchers Out of Time and Others. Have you heard of it?”

“Indeed.” Giles smiled devilishly. “So you are a Lovecraft fan? I consider him the father of horror and scifi...” Giles stopped when he heard the woman at the front desk call Jennifer’s name.

“Well, that’s my book,” Jennifer said. “It was nice seeing you.”

When Jennifer started to turn around, Giles touched her shoulder. “Fixing to go to work, no doubt?”

“Yes but I always stop for a cup of warm tea. Would you like to join me?”

Giles grinned once more. “Certainly. I just need to purchase this book and we can be on our way.”

“So what do you got there?”

Giles blushed but held out the title for her to read.

“An Encyclopedia of Cryptozoology. Interesting, I’m sure. Ever search for Nessie or Big Foot?”

Giles smiled and then took off his glasses. “Nessie in 1975 and Sashquatch in 1979. Cryptozoology is a hobby of mine.” Giles told her, being perfectly honest with her.

“Interesting, I’m sure.” Jennifer flashed him a wide smile then walked to the front desk with Giles trailing behind her.

Act Two

David sat at his desk in his study. He thought about the dark haired Slayer. He found her very beautiful and exciting but she held no interest for him now. He would let her do whatever she pleased with him of course but his interest in the fair Slayer remained stronger. He knew that Buffy Summers always tried to do the right thing and to work for the common good. He also knew that when Buffy desired someone she did not allow a petty thing such as being dead getting in the way. So he had a chance he supposed but he would have to bide his time until just the right moment.

David left his study and made his way to the basement of his house. He pulled a set of keys from his pocket and opened the heavy door. A blast of cool air assaulted his face but since he was already cold, the additional coolness did not affect him in the least. He closed the door behind him and walked toward his latest guest. She leaned against the cold brick supported by the chains on her wrists that bound her there. He personally tied a black silk scarf over her eyes and taped her mouth. He pulled at the tape roughly now and she shrieked in pain.

“Tell me, Dear Jade, whatever evil plan you and your sister devised has backfired.”

“Jack, I...”

“It’s David now, bitch!” He screamed this at her.

“David, please let me go and I...

“No, I have plans for you, Jade.” He walked over to her and kissed her on the cheek gently and then moved his finger down her throat and ran a sharp nail along the side of her neck. A line of blood appeared and he bent to her neck and eagerly lapped it up. Jade winced.

“My you taste just luscious, babe,” David said, overenthusiastically.

Jade turned away from David’s leering glare. He then laughed maniacally. He turned from her then and pressed a button on the wall.

“It’s time,” David said into the intercom and Jade began to cry.

* * * * *

Faith paces her apartment urging her phone to ring. Nothing! “Dammit,” Faith cursed to the empty apartment. Faith was shocked to find that her phone still worked after she threw against the wall. She just had to put the batteries back in. Faith did not know what to do first. Was it David who had Jade? Should she try to rescue Jade on her own or should she ask for reinforcements?

At that moment, her phone rang. She ran to answer it. Instead of “David” calling, it was Xander.

“Xander?”

“Yeah, Faith, what’s wrong? We haven’t heard from you in a while.”

“I’ve been kinda busy, I guess.”

“You know you can talk to me about anything, right?”

“Yes, Xander. Is Buffy with you?”

“Yes, she is taking a shower and I am making her some Mickey Mouse pancakes,” Xander said proudly.

Faith rolled her eyes. “I have to go, Xan, okay.”

“Yeah, sure. Call me if you need to talk.”

“I will,” Faith said hurriedly and then hung up without saying goodbye.

Just as she replaced her phone hand set on her kitchen counter, it rang once more. She picked it up and angrily answered it.
“Faith, the Master summons you to his house. NOW!” The phone went dead.

Faith had her answer. David kidnapped Jade. She grabbed her keys and rushed from her apartment. She sped toward David’s mansion without any type of plan. Her only thoughts were to save Jade.

* * * * *

Dana sat on her bed in the Slayer’s quarters. She felt grateful for everything that Buffy and the others have done for her but she needed to find her sister and fast. She knew that Anna could take care of herself if she indeed had Slayer powers but what if she didn’t? Dana looked up from her bed as Willow and Dawn walked into the room. She smiled at them but her smile never really reached her face.

“We’ve come to help. We hope,” Dawn told Dana.

“How?”

“You’ve heard that Willow is a powerful Wiccan, right?”

“Yes,” Dana said shyly and nervously at the same time.

“Well, Willow can do a relocation spell for your sister and we can find out approximately where she is now,” Dawn said.

“Will it work?” Dana asked incredulously.

“Willow’s spells always work,” Dawn said. “Well most of the time.”

Willow glared at Dawn.

Dawn shrugged.

“Okay, what do I need to do?”

Willow sat on the bed beside Dana. Since I don’t have a personal item of Anna’s I will need you to think about her. During the spell, I can hold her hands and get an image of Anna. Then I will be able to visualize where she is.”

“It can’t hurt to try,” Dana said.

Willow smiled. She told Dana to sit down on the floor with her legs crossed. Then Willow sat in front of Dana and she too crossed her legs. Willow began the location spell. Willow had worked her way up from using maps to mentally locating someone. This was a large step for a Wiccan. Willow concentrated on Dana. Before Willow became totally lost in her concentration and glanced at Dawn. Dawn had her eyes closed. Willow smiled. Dawn would never be able to do a location spell without the elementary map and supplies. Willow concentrated on Dana. Dana’s mind held a wall that Willow could not crumble. Willow concentrated more on Dana but she was not able to get a location. Dawn opened her eyes at the moment and said, “I’ve got her...Anna.”

Willow opened her eyes and practically glared at Dawn. “You’ve got her?” Willow asked.

“Yes,” Dawn said and then giggled. “She is in Los Angeles. She is very scared and alone but I think she has a small friend with her. Either a dog or a cat.”

Willow looked over at Dana. Dana smiled.

“You can’t count on this, Dana. Dawn is only an amateur Wiccan. She can’t...” Willow stopped when she met Dawn’s gaze as she sat on the floor with her arms crossed defiantly.

“Okay, Los Angeles is a big place. Where exactly is she Dawn?” Willow asked, her voice rising a bit and she hated the jealousy she heard there.

“A park I think. There is a big archway with pale blond brick. Canyon. Laurel Canyon Park.”

Willow stared at Dawn once more. This time her face held a shocked expression. She quickly stood up. “I’ll call Angel,” Willow said. “Maybe he can send someone to get her.”

After Willow left the room, Dana ran to Dawn and hugged her. “Thank you so much, Dawn.”

Dawn smiled. “It was my pleasure.”

Act Three

Faith came up with a “mini plan” once she reached the road that led to David’s mansion. The plan would distract David until she could think of something else that could save her and Jade.

Faith reached David’s mansion and walked up the long cobblestone walkway toward the massive front door. She decided to ring the loud chimes rather than break the door down.

After a few seconds, Candi, the female vampire David employed, opened the door. She was human at the moment and she was very beautiful. Without saying so much as “hello” to Faith, Candi led her to David’s study. David stood by the window looking outside. Without thinking about the consequences, she ran to him and before he could realize what she was going to do, she grabbed him and embraced him with a passionate kiss. He surprised her and kissed her back with equal passion. She felt his hands roam along her body and Faith tried her best not to flinch. David pulled away from her and gazed deeply into her eyes.

“So what do I owe this pleasure?”

“I just missed you, baby, that’s all.”

“How much?” David asked, his eyes gazing down her voluptuous body.

Faith smiled wickedly and then rushed him once more. Without thinking, she kissed him once more and let her hands roam over his body. She imagined he was Robin and simply let herself go. Faith realized she would do anything for her sister. David moved across the room with Faith still in his arms. She felt herself being lowered to the couch in the room. Instinctively, she flipped David to where she was on top his body. She held his arms beside his head with all the Slayer strength she could muster. Suddenly, all of her ruthlessness came back to her, she began roughly kissing David as her hands moved from his wrists to grasp his throat, and she squeezed hard. This only made David deepen the kiss and that was when Faith felt his fangs. He turned to full vamp face.

Faith removed her shirt and then her black bra. Her breasts flashed before his eyes. He smiled through his vamp face and then reached up and kissed a nipple. It grew erect as he suckled it and then he gently bit it. Faith cried out with real ecstasy this time, wrapped her hands around David’s head, and pressed him closer to her breasts. David reached up, touched her other breasts, gently massaged her nipple, and then roughly pinched it. She screamed with the sudden sweet agony. Faith tried to gain the upper hand once more but her body suddenly betrayed her.

David was a despicable creature. A vampire! She was a Slayer! How could she let him touch her like that? Had it been that long since she had her sexual fix and she let a damn vampire do this to her body? She cursed herself but her body still responded to his touch. She felt David’s hands move to unbutton her jeans and she did not stop him. She looked down at him and realized that his face was human once more. He lowered her jeans down her legs and then quickly undid his zipper. He was fully erect and Faith mounted him like a hungry animal. He felt cool when he slid into her but her hotness quickly warmed him. She was surprised when David rolled them both to the floor, he was above her, and they never lost contact. David began to move on top of her and Faith cried out when she felt an immediate orgasm. She cried out in pure delight as David quickly found his release.

* * * * *

After calling Angel, Willow could not face Dawn again so she left. Liz watched her go and she could tell that Willow was angry. Liz decided to follow Willow. Once outside, she saw Willow walking toward her apartment.

“Willow, wait up?” Liz called.

Willow stopped and turned to face the young Slayer.

“Yeah, Liz?”

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I I think so. I’m not entirely sure actually.”

“What happened?”

“Dawn happened!”

Liz was shocked to hear Willow say that about Dawn.

“What did Dawn do?”

Willow suddenly realized how stupid she was being and simply shrugged her shoulders instead of telling Liz what happened.

“Are you going home?”

“Yes and chocolate may enter the picture.”

Liz laughed. “Well in that case, I’m coming, too.”

Willow laughed despite the fact she was still angry.

“Alrighty then, let’s go.”

They walked the rest of the way in silence. Once they reached Willow’s apartment, Liz asked Willow if she could use the powder room. Willow giggled. “Of course.”

Liz walked into small bathroom and then stared at herself in the mirror. He looked down and noticed that her hands were shaking. She felt suddenly nervous. “This was Willow,” Liz admonished herself. After a few moments, Liz decided that her hands had stopped shaking enough where Willow wouldn’t notice so she left the safety of the bathroom.

Willow sat on a stool dipping a spoon into what appeared to be chocolate ice cream.

“Want some? I thought I would start with this and then move on to the chocolate cherries.”

Liz gulped. Willow looked at her strangely.

“Yeah sure,” Liz said hoping her voice didn’t shake.

“I’ll get ya a bowl.”

After Willow scooped some ice cream for Liz, Willow continued her earlier assault of the ice cream carton.

“So what happened today?” Liz asked.

“Dawn completed a spell that for some reason would not work for me. In fact, the spell that I performed should not have been something she could just do! I do. I do!” Willow suddenly exclaimed.

Liz couldn’t help but smile and then suddenly felt relaxed in Willow’s world. She took a bite of her ice cream.

“So, did you talk to Dawn about it?”

“No, dammit! I just ran like a little girl,” Willow mumbled.

Liz found herself reaching up and touching Willow’s back.

“Don’t worry about it. It is probably best that you let yourself cool off before you...you talk to Dawn.”

Willow shivered at Liz’s brief touch and then puzzled that for a moment. Suddenly she felt comfortable with the young Slayer. She looked over at Liz and smiled.

“It is hard for me, I guess. I took me so long to feel comfortable with little spells and then the whole almost destroying the world thing...” Willow trailed off. “You know about that right?”

“Yeah, Dawn filled me in.”

“Then Dawn comes along and la-la-la she is the superior witch bitch!” Willow said. Instantly she hated herself for referring to Dawnie as a bitch. She remembered a time when she could only spell the word and now she was just out and out saying it aloud.

Liz smiled them. “I understand what you mean. I felt important when I found out that I was a Slayer and then Dawn told me all about her new found powers. Why can’t I be the special one for a change?”

Willow thought about that for a moment.

“Well, for so long Dawn could not understand who she really was and why she was here. Once she thought she was a potential Slayer and that totally went to her head...that is until she had to give it up to Amanda.”

“Amanda?” Liz asked.

“Yes, she was one of the Slayers we lost during the battle with the First.”

“Oh, yeah, Willow told me about her. They were good friends. It was hard on Dawn losing her.”

“Yes.” Willow felt guilty again for these thoughts. “Chocolate cherries?”

Liz smiled, all her earlier nervousness forgotten. “Yeah, I’m ready for cherries any day.”

Willow’s eyes widen when she realized what Liz said and then they both laughed together.

Act Four

Dawn realized that Willow was mad at her. She knew it was because she succeeded with the location spell. Dawn felt suddenly terrible and left Dana to go find her to apologize.
Dawn searched the computer room first and then the kitchen and last the Slayer’s quarters but Willow was not there.

She grabs her coat from the entry hall closet, leaves the school, and begins her walk toward Willow’s apartment.

Dawn felt nervous as she approaches Willow’s door but she knocks anyway. She could hear laughing inside. Dawn puzzles that a moment.

Willow opened the door and Dawn quickly smiled at her.

“I came to tell you that I’m sorry,” Dawn said, meekly. She then moved toward Willow to let herself in. Willow moved aside.

Dawn stopped when she saw Liz positioned on a stool eating chocolate covered cherries.

“Liz?”

“Dawn,” Liz said between mouthfuls of cherries.

“What are you doing here?”

“Eating chocolate,” Willow said.

“Sounds like fun,” Dawn said, much too cheerily.

“Want some?” Willow asked.

“No, I just wanted to tell you that I’m sorry for the spell thing. I didn’t try to do the spell really, it just sorta happened when I began to concentrate on Dana.”

Willow surprised Dawn by smiling at her. “I’m fine, Dawn. That’s not to say that I wasn’t pissed earlier but...hey, you are my student after all so that must say something great about the teacher.”

Dawn smiled back at Willow. When she realized that she was a third wheel in Willow’s apartment and that Liz made no move to leave, Dawn turned toward the door.

“Well, I have some homework I’ve gotta do. See ya!”

“Okay, Dawnie. See ya.”

“Bye, Dawn. I’ll call ya later okay,” Liz said.

“Yeah, okay, sure.”

As Dawn walked out the door, she realized that the feeling in her stomach was not the earlier nervousness of facing an angry Willow but that she was jealous of Willow and Liz. That is a ridiculous thought. Why would Dawn be jealous of Willow and Liz? The realization hit her like a hockey puck to the forehead.

“Oh Goddess, I like Willow!”

* * * * *

After her shower, Buffy and Xander ate a plate of Mickey Mouse pancakes. They were like a new couple all shiny and new. They both cleaned up the dishes and went into Xander’s living room to relax a moment before Buffy had to go home. She had to check in on Dawn and then head over to the Slayer School to see about Dana.

“So, how’d you like your surprise pancakes?” Xander asked.

“I loved ‘em,” Buffy said and then smiled at him as she lowered herself on the couch.

Xander smiled. Then his phone rang. Xander turned to answer his phone. When he found out who it was, he handed the phone to Buffy. Buffy looked at the phone with a puzzled expression on her face.

“Buffy? It’s Dana!”

“Dana, is everything alright?”

“Yes, everything is wonderful actually. Dawn found Anna. Her and Willow did a location spell and they found that Anna is in Los Angeles. I’m going now.”

“No, Dana. You cannot go alone. I’m coming with you.”

“I was hoping you would say that,” Dana said and then laughed.

“I’ll be right there after packing some clothes.”

“Okay, I guess the first place we will look is at Wolfram and Hart.”

Buffy’s blood felt cold throughout her body. “Wolfram and Hart?”

“Yes, that is where Willow said to start. She already called Angel and he is sending someone to find her.”

“Angel?” Buffy asked and then Xander’s head whipped around to face her at the sound of Angel’s name.

“Yes. Angel has already booked us some plane tickets,” Dana said. “Our flight leaves at 6:15 tonight,” Dana said.

“Okay, I am headed that way,” Buffy said and she smiled to herself as she thought how much Dana has changed since finding out her sister was alive.

Once she hung up with Dana Xander plowed her with questions. After Buffy explained everything to him, he simply smiled at her.

“I am glad she found her sister.”

“Yeah, me too,” Buffy said.

Xander decided not to mention Angel and the jealous monster that always seized his entire body at just the mention of his name.

* * * * *

Faith dressed with her back to David. She almost jumped when he came up behind her and kissed the back of her neck but she didn’t so much as flinch.

“I have a surprise for you,” David said.

“Yeah, what’s that?”

“Come on and I will show you.”

After Faith buttoned her shirt, he led her by the hand out of his study and down to the basement. When David opened the heavy basement door, Faith tried not to gasp when she saw Jade chained to the wall.

“Faith!” Jade exclaimed.

“Jade!” Faith said forgetting to cover her emotions.

“How touching!” David said sarcasm clear in his voice.

“Let her go, David. Now!”

“And why would I want to do that, Faithie?”

“Because if you don’t, I will ripe your head off!” Faith screamed.

“Now, now Faith! That’s no way to talk to your lover?”

They both heard a gasp from Jade despite her covered mouth. Faith looked over at her and begged her with her eyes to understand. Faith saw the light in Jade’s eyes fade at this news.

* * * * *

Buffy met Dana at the Slayer school. She was grateful to see Dawn before she left town. She wasn’t at the house and hoped she would find the younger woman at the school.

“Dawn, I’m going to LA with Dana. Could you call Giles and let him know where I am?”

“Yeah sure. He called in a few minutes ago. He is on a date.”

“A date?” Buffy exclaimed.

“Yeah, with Ms. Sanderson our real estate agent. Can you believe it?”

“Wow!” Buffy said but felt happy for him.

Dana walked into the computer room as Buffy and Dawn sat talking.

“I’m ready when you are, Buffy.”

“Yeah, I guess we need to head to the airport to get through security,” Buffy said glancing at her watch to find that is was four in the afternoon.
Buffy and Dana leave the school when a shuttle from the airport arrives. After they made it through security, Buffy began to think about seeing Angel again. She would survive. She belonged to Xander now.

* * * * *

After a long flight to L.A., Buffy and Dana find a limousine waiting for them at the airport, courtesy of Wolfram and Hart.

Once they reach the Wolfram and Hart building, Buffy’s heart began to pound. Wesley greets them. He escorts them both to Angel’s office.

“Angel is out at the moment,” Wesley told them and this caused Buffy to relax.

“Have you found Anna yet?” Dana asked.

“No, not yet but...uh...our very best associate is on the case.”

Dana smiled at Wesley.

Just then, the door to Angel’s office opens and a young teenager rushes in the room. She instantly realizes who Dana is and runs into her arms. They exchange a heartfelt hug. Buffy felt her eyes tearing. She looked back up at the door and her breath literally stopped. Spike stood before her. Without thinking, she rushed forward and then kisses Spike with everything inside her. He kissed her back with equal passion. All Buffy kept thinking repeatedly was that Spike was alive!

THE END!
© Copyright 2010 GothLady (UN: kelhawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GothLady has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/682022-Episode-7---Shiny-and-New