*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/682536-Favre-And-Vikings-Can-Rest-A-Bit
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#682536 added January 5, 2010 at 1:21pm
Restrictions: None
Favre And Vikings Can Rest A Bit
No chants of MVP?

Brett Favre definitely made a case for himself while leading candidates Drew Brees and Peyton Manning were sidelined to prepare for the playoffs. Number 4 just showed he's primed and ready for his next opponent...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/04/week-17-morning-aftermath-viking...

I had predicted his consecutive starts streak would end to rest for the playoffs. But he had to play to earn a bye week and proved he didn't need it.

Making a case for MVP. A lot of voters might overlook:

This was his first year with a new team and offense (that he's knows well) and fit right in. And don't forget he slept in and skipped training camp.
He became a leader on this team while helping Percy Harvin to offesive rookie of the year (will hear if that's true tomorrow) and making a name for Sidney Rice.
He's 40 and no other quarterback his age has had a season like this.
Don't forget the week three miracle win against the 49ers at home that lead to a perfect season at home. You could sense his magic lifted this team and its fans on the start of a great and memorable journey.

What they might discount:
An easy schedule. But don't discount wins against the Bengals and twice against the Packers (showing his steely resolve to get the job done, revenge or not)
The old man played most of his games in a dome or in the warmth of the sun.
He had Adrian Peterson behind him with eight or nine players on the line of scrimmage. Hey, those guys could easily turn into blitzers and Peterson did not have a season worthy of his abilities. In fact, Favre fought with Childress over play calling because he knew it was on his arm. And he's prove in the last game and a half, he's right.

What's obvious:
The stats! Over 4200 yards passing with 33 TDs to only 7 interceptions. His completion percentage and passer rating of 107.2 were the highest of his career.

Manning and Brees made their statements early. Favre punctuated his year and made it obvious you cannot forget about him and how valuable he is to the entire league, let alone his team who chose him as their captain at the start of the season and MVP near the end.

© Copyright 2010 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/682536-Favre-And-Vikings-Can-Rest-A-Bit