*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/682767-NEW-Madlib-Update-Survey-Update--Line-Counts
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#682767 added January 7, 2010 at 3:06am
Restrictions: None
[NEW] Madlib Update, Survey Update & Line Counts
Greetings Members!

*Right* Madlibs: We've updated our Madlib Items to be easier to use. Here's part of the text I added to the madlib form -- (for the complete details, just check out the Madlib item creation/edit page).
Whereever you'd like someone to insert their own word, Type {blank:XXXX}, where XXXX is is something like Noun, Verb, Past Tense Verb, etc. When a visitor views your madlib, our system will generate a initial page with each word type and a blank to fill in.

We also did a little general cleanup to Madlibs, adding an option for madlib item owner/editors to view and test their completed madlib without filling out the form each time.... plus you'll find new links after filling out a madlib to "Edit This Version" and "go back and start fresh". Thanks to St. Patrickraken for the madlibby inspiration. *Smile*


*Right* Survey Forms: A small, but potentially very helpful update to Survey Forms allows you to turn individual fields on and off. If the field is on, the question performs as normal. If the field is off, the question will not be displayed (or required) for those completing the form. The data from the field for anyone who's already completed the survey is kept available in your responses area. The field can be turned back on at any time.


*Right* Line Count: The line count area of our word count tool has been updated. Along with showing the total number of lines, the system breaks out blank lines and text lines. Thanks to THANKFUL SONALI 17 WDC YEARS! for the suggestion!


Best wishes,
~~SM


© Copyright 2010 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/682767-NEW-Madlib-Update-Survey-Update--Line-Counts