*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/684037-Grey-and-Green-but--Blue
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#684037 added January 16, 2010 at 6:31pm
Restrictions: None
Grey and Green but Blue.
I'm not over-impressed with 2010 so far, but I wouldn't imagine that will come as a surprise to anyone, especially me. Starting out the month hospital-visiting and dealing with many subsequent problems as a result was not what I'd have wished for, but then it's a scenario I've endured many times before and probably will again. Sis and I have christened Dad Humpty due to the amount of falls he has, but I suspect my last nerve is most in need of being put back together. Any King's horses or King's men available?

Neither had I anticipated the worst winter in many years and straight on top of Humbug, being virtually housebound has not done much to help preserve that last nerve. Hubby's only outings to the golf course have been abandoned for over a month now and the prospect of any more sport on television, clanging of pots, throat clearing and interrogations would drive me to stick my head in the gas oven, if we had one.

I have managed a few escapes, but the local town, my dad's house or walking on the foul, new housing estate nearby are hardly uplifting activities, particularly in freezing weather with ice or slush underfoot. I hate to admit it, but I've been like a bear with a sore head since day one of this year and before then, if I'm honest. But, then bears would probably be hibernating at this time of year and the sore heads are mainly self inflicted, so no one else to blame for that. Okay, I'll blame hubby if you insist.

At the start of last year I had our wonderful trip to the U.S.A to plan for and look forward to. I think that really kept my spirits up and my mind focussed. This year so far, there's nothing on the agenda to break the monotony and the only thing on offer would be a week abroad. But my fear of Dad having another fall while we're away, contracting another infection on the plane and being with hubby all day every day complete with snoring, isn't making the idea particularly appealing. I bet you wish you'd been born with my optimistic outlook and positive attitude don't you?

Anyway, at least today we've actually been able to see grass instead of white stuff, even if it is waterlogged and muddy. Still very damp, cold and foggy but everything crossed it may mean golf and getting out will soon be options. Amazing how the small things we take for granted are missed when we're deprived of them. I'd better finish on that high note or I may be accused of complaining too much. And you know me...*Wink*


© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/684037-Grey-and-Green-but--Blue