*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/684365-Love-is-in-the-Air
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#684365 added January 19, 2010 at 2:23pm
Restrictions: None
Love is in the Air
Despite the disappearance of snow and being able to get around a little more comfortably, the bear with the sore head continued over the weekend and into yesterday. Maybe it's my state of mind, but my family have been annoying me from all angles and much as I don't voice my opinions to them very often, I find the bubbling irritation just adds to my grumpy condition.

After fetching and delivering my Dad's shopping yesterday, putting it all away and sorting out his laundry, I was rewarded with a rundown of his various health problems, including a vivid description of his nose bleed during the night and his need for something to relieve his sluggish bowel. Too much information, but if there was a thank you or a how-are-you-today amongst it all, I failed to hear it. Waiting for the next push of the lifeline button is a constant worry.

Still no golf and hubby seems to have developed an even worse sinus problem, rendering him deafer than ever and the volume of the almost-constant television enough to drive me to drink, if I didn't already. The nose-blowing has reached a record number of decibels and we now have no roof on the bedroom due to window-rattling snoring.

I was not thrilled to discover Angel has had her ears pierced either. Nothing unusual or over-disturbing about that I know, but I've always been of the opinion children should make their own decisions regarding piercings when they are of a suitable age and I don't consider that to be three. Learning Mey Ling has also had a tongue piercing added to my feelings of despondency, but it's not my business so I keep it shut.

It's not that I don't love my family, but sometimes I feel unappreciated, of no importance and taken for granted. Aww...all together now...poor Scarlett. But then I've always had problems with that word 'love,' and find it a difficult one to define, as well as believing it manifests itself in many different forms, not necessarily easy to describe. I believe there's a world of difference between falling in love and the love we often take for granted or fail to even notice.

As expected I couldn't get to sleep again last night, so had to get up to read. I had earlier printed the beautiful tribute to Carolina Blue written by his many friends here at WDC and brilliantly put together by the lovely vivacious I'd not read it in its entirety before, but as I did tears streamed down my face both at the premature loss of another lovely soul and talented writer, and also the wonderful words of his devoted friends here. All the contributions are incredibly beautiful, unique and full of a love I can relate to. The resounding theme has to be love never dies and I believe that's true.

It made me ponder. My troubles are everyday ones, many petty and not worth worrying about. When I see whole nations reaching out to help the victims of Haiti, then I know this world may be full of tragedies and hardship, but it demonstrates a love I can understand and appreciate.

On a personal note, five people outside my family told me they loved me yesterday, two on the phone and three online. I'm not talking passionate or romantic, just the warmth of feeling between people who make our lives worthwhile. That was a comforting thought and one worth hanging onto during these gloomy January days.

I'm trying to appreciate how fortunate I am, but I can't promise the grumps will disperse completely. Hell, you'd think someone else had taken over my blog and I might end up murdering a family member or two if I had nowhere to go for a good grump.

© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/684365-Love-is-in-the-Air