*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/684648-Sundance
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#684648 added January 22, 2010 at 3:12am
Restrictions: None
Sundance

It's that time of year again; the development executives and agents in town pack up their ski jackets and scarves so they can head to Park City, Utah and split a three-bedroom condo nine ways... all for the privilege of attending screenings and rubbing elbows at the Sundance Film Festival. Some will come back with recommendations of movies to buy or meetings to take with standout filmmakers, but most will come back to sunny Southern California with nothing but stories of parties and dinners and meet and greets.

This year, the other three guys at the company I'm consulting for are going, leaving me alone in the office (or working from home, if I have my way!) to keep things running smoothly. Truth be told, although I'd love to go to Sundance just for the experience, I'm not too sad about missing it this year. I'm a production executive with no current production... and with no production, I would just be up there to schmooze.

Although California weather ain't much better these days (I love the rain!), I think I'll stay in Los Angeles, content in the knowledge that not only am I staying relatively warm and sleeping on my own bed rather than the floor of an overcrowded cabin... and that when I do make it to Sundance, it will be with a film of my own. *Smile*

See you soon, Park City. Maybe not this year and maybe not the next... but one day soon.

© Copyright 2010 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/684648-Sundance