*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685174-At-the-beginning-of-a-new-week
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#685174 added January 24, 2010 at 8:14pm
Restrictions: None
At the beginning of a new week
Jamál (Beauty), 6 Sultán (Sovereignty), 166 BE – Sunday, January 24, 2010 about 4:56 PM Pacific Time

It's Sunday, the beginning of a new week. I made mashed potatoes and gravy today for lunch. The mashed potatoes turned out fine, but I screwed the gravy up. Let's face it's difficult to mess up instant potatoes. To transform instant potatoes into mashed potatoes you just have to add milk, butter and hot water. Making gravy from scratch is a little more difficult.

I had my hot vegetable oil in the fry pan. I went to add what I thought was flour. It wasn't flour, if should have know by the feel it wasn't flour. It was cornstarch, at least that what it felt like. Anyway I then added canned milk, some flour and stirred it up again. I added a can of water, another half a can of milk, and some more flour. It was too thin, with lumps.

We ate it anyway. It tasted like gravy made with canned milk tastes. Mom and I are fine and we don't have the runs, so guess it was cornstarch I put in the first time. I'm going to have to label that container. I don't know why the container wasn't labeled. I don't know why I didn't realize it was cornstarch when I put my finger in it. Cornstarch and flour may look alike, but they don't feel alike. I hope this doesn't foreshadow the way the rest of the week will go.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685174-At-the-beginning-of-a-new-week