*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685301-Same-setting-Different-seat
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1436307
This blog keeps me in touch with WDC. Jamesdillingham.com keeps me in touch elsewhere.
#685301 added January 25, 2010 at 4:59pm
Restrictions: None
Same setting, Different seat.
I am thinking of changing my Blog title to "Notes from an airport". Today I am in Atlanta waiting for a connection to Memphis. I really like Memphis. They have a festival called Memphis in May. They have the Civil Rights Museum (a must see) and they have a Popeyes Chicken conveniently located just off of the freeway near the airport.

I am not political...or at least there was a time when I wasn't.

I heard Castro and Chavez (Cuba and Venezuela) complaining about the American Occupation of Haiti. They question why we sent soldiers. I think the answer is obvious ... we want to take over the vast riches of the people while they are dealing with some trivial travesty.

At first I couldn't believe someone would try to put such a negative spin on such a positive intent - then I remembered...us.

Obama goes to Europe to mend fences and the Republicans call it an Apology Tour. Obama asks students to give him ways to help and the Republicans say he is trying to brainwash our youth. Obama want's better medical care and the Republicans call him a socialist. Let's face it, as soon as taxpayer money is used to fill a pothole...we are all socialists if you lower the bar enough.

I am now officially an Ex-Republican. Not that I am a big fan of Nancy Pelosi ... I mean the Democrats. Nor am I a fan of pushing through a health care plan by completely ignoring the minority voice (GOP in this case).

In the end, Chavez, Castro and all of our elected officials have the same priorities. (1) stay in power (2) get rid of the competition and (3 if they get around to it) govern fairly.

Alas...

There was time when the best and brightest of our youth aspired to be president. Now, if my son became a politician, I would wonder where I went wrong.

In the end, I am an Obama fan. I am simply because he seems to want to do the right thing and I have yet to catch him with any "low blows" like those from the Limboughs and Becks of the world. When he does that, I will rechoose.

© Copyright 2010 Hyperiongate (UN: hyperiongate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hyperiongate has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685301-Same-setting-Different-seat