*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685717-Reluctantly-Opinionated
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1436307
This blog keeps me in touch with WDC. Jamesdillingham.com keeps me in touch elsewhere.
#685717 added January 29, 2010 at 6:54am
Restrictions: None
Reluctantly Opinionated
I am really getting frustrated with the Republican party. I was a member up until about a month ago although I have behaved like a Democrat for years.

After Obama's speech, I listened the the GOP response and it was just blather.

Here is a typical example of how the GOP is the same person as Rush Limbaugh. According to CNN, $56 million of Recovery Act money is being spend on the Wine Train in Napa Valley California. The GOP, after exhaustive research, placed this in spot #11 on the most wasteful projects. The name alone suggests that the money is being spent to fund a Wine Valley train excursion. When CNN investigated, they found none of the money is being spent to help the train. The money is being used to create flood controls for the Napa Valley. Every few years this place floods and causes hundred of millions of dollars in damage. This work will prevent that while creating 200 new jobs in the process. part of the project required that the train tracks for the Wine Train be raised in one certain location so they can do their flood damage work. Because of this, the GOP grabbed this project, knowingly withheld information about the project's actual purpose and presented it to you to make the case that the Democrats are doing a bad job.

My problems with this? First, they are lying to us which puts them in my trash can right off the top. Secondly, they are trying to do something we teach out kids not to do. They are trying to make themselves appear better, not by doing a better job, but by trying to lower your perception of the job being done by their competition.

If they are willing to do this once, they are willing to do it over and over and over.

Jim

© Copyright 2010 Hyperiongate (UN: hyperiongate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hyperiongate has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685717-Reluctantly-Opinionated