*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685764-Australian-Open---Mens-Final
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#685764 added January 29, 2010 at 2:16pm
Restrictions: None
Australian Open - Men's Final

I love tennis. It is, by far, my favorite sport to watch. Actually, come to think of it, it's one of the only sports I like to watch. There's an incredible amount of athleticism and finesse required to excel... and perhaps more than any other sport, there's such a diverse set of styles that can be employed to win a match. Some players rely on a power game, utilizing big serves and powerful groundstrokes to overwhelm their opponents, while others rely on accuracy, angles, or a combination of both baseline and net approaches to put the ball firmly out of play for their opponents. There is no one way to win a tennis match, which is what makes it so fascinating to see different players compete against one another.

My favorite player has to be Roger Federer. To me, he epitomizes a champion in every sense of the word. He loves the sport and is a gracious and humble winner, despite having set nearly every record worth setting. More than anything, his form is impeccable and showcases all of the grace and power than tennis can possibly be. Watching him play is what made me love tennis in the first place. So naturally, I want him to keep winning and keep doing well.

But there are plenty of other talented players who are accomplished in their own right, or just beginning to come into their own. One of them is Andy Murray, an extremely talented all-around player who has never won a Grand Slam. Murray's young, tough, and it's only a matter of time before he has the major titles to go with his talent.

With Federer and Murray contesting this year's Australian Open men's final, it's an ideal match for me in many ways. I'm of course rooting for Federer to win and continue to do well, but part of me is also hoping that Andy Murray finally gets that maiden Grand Slam title that he's been working toward. In order to do that, he's going to have to beat the best... which is exactly how it should be. Come Sunday (or Saturday night for us in the States), it's sure to be a great final... because either way, I'm going to be happy for the winner.

Yes, I am a tennis addict. *Smile*

© Copyright 2010 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685764-Australian-Open---Mens-Final