*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686177-Dream-Awake
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1631466
"Still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise."
#686177 added February 2, 2010 at 1:10pm
Restrictions: None
Dream Awake
((The Music))
The song "Dream Awake" fits perfectly with the mood I'm in right now. There is a place between the two states of mind. I'm standing right smack-dab in the middle of it. It is a place where you're too awake to think about going back to sleep, yet too tired to do anything but sleep. I'm not sure I want to do either. Both have their pro and cons.

The song itself is actually a kick-ass tune by The Frames. This band is one of my favorite of all time especially their live cuts. On my bucket list is to see them live in concert before I go. There is an earthiness to them take makes it easy to fall right into the scene of the song. Gritty at times as well as heartbreaking, "Dream Awake" is a slow build toward insanity. I love it, maybe you will too.

((The Life))
I had a great night phone conversation with my guy last night. Things have been hectic for both of us, and we were able to finally spend some time together catching up. It's nice just sitting there, and being with him. If there was ever a person I could just be myself with, it would be him. I worry for him and I love him. He's my best friend and my love. They say it is weird to have those two things in one person. If you think about it, In a way that makes perfect sense to have one person be both things. Where else would you place your absolute trust?

Unfortunately, the rest of my night wasn't much better. I barely slept last night. What I got of sleep can't really be counted as sleep either because it was pure shit. I woke up roughly three hours later wondering what the hell I was doing - being up, with my life, with everything else around me. In a place of both sleeping and dreaming - hence the song.

I was suppose to start another class today, but I took one look at my mother and knew I was getting off light with feeling like crap. I asked her option about postponing the class until next semester. She said something to equivalent of, "sure kid because you look like hell on a cracker." I took that as a sign that maybe I was feeling the class right and need cut down. Went from 16 to 15 units today. Don't think that will kill me too much, lol.

There's my usual Tuesday and Thursday grind coming up with week. I have a test later on tonight that I am unprepared for, but I don't have enough energy to worry about it. I'm not quite up to par yet. Getting there at a snail's pace, but it is coming along just fine.

Is it too early to wish the week was over?

© Copyright 2010 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686177-Dream-Awake