*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687119-My-mind-is-ready-to-go-backsort-of
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1587540
Not hardcore enough to be ultra nerdy, but it's not that shallow, either.
#687119 added February 11, 2010 at 12:11am
Restrictions: None
My mind is ready to go back...sort of
Hey, does anyone remember this story  ? Well, it's been getting a pretty good response, and I find out when people add it to their favorites. Given that people are still looking at it even four months after I first posted it, I have an inkling that people might enjoy the story that spawned that one. Thing is, this story is too long to be admitting to writing in my head. Yes, it has gotten to that point, especially since I read the Memory Alpha entry on Denobulans. Without going into the long and really geeky explanations of retconning, fanon and how anything is fair game in the new Star Trek universe, let me just say I figured out a plausible solution to a problem that has been bothering me since June.

Yeah, I've been working on this much longer piece since that time but stopped to work on the story I did eventually post, and then I spent the holidays focusing on work, neighborhood involvement and other non-online aspects of my life. All the while I was bamboozled how to handle the Borg, as I had plans for the Enterprise to confront the Borg in this particular story. I had a lot of contrived ideas floating around but tossed them all out the window after "At Last" was posted. When I read that Denobulans possessed super strong immune systems that were caable of holding off Borg nanoprobes, I had a Eureka moment. Perhaps Starfleet would invest in the research and development of a vaccine of sorts to prevent assimilation using Denobulan physiology as a springboard. Granted, that type of project would take decades, so anything available at this time would be experimental at best. It would make for an interesting showdown. Since I thought this up...I want to go back to this story in the worst way even though I shouldn't. I'll probably end up doing it, though. I hate my brain, but every once in a while it amuses me. *Smile*


© Copyright 2010 Elisa the Bunny Stik (UN: soledad_moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elisa the Bunny Stik has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687119-My-mind-is-ready-to-go-backsort-of