*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686625-FlashForward
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1587540
Not hardcore enough to be ultra nerdy, but it's not that shallow, either.
#686625 added February 6, 2010 at 6:18pm
Restrictions: None
FlashForward
First off, I apologize for the unbelievable spelling fail in the title for the last entry. Anyway, so I've been mentioning FlashForward for a while now. It's a good show. It gets kind of addictive in marathon, but there's no need to worry about it replacing Trek in regards to obsession following. Even so, there are plenty of reasons to tune in and have a look. I'll share some of my thoughts after watching all except the last two episodes (just haven't gotten around to them).

*Star* The opening episode is very visceral. A lot of care went into developing the impact of the blackout and the physical chaos that resulted when everyone snapped out of it. And it borders on surreal in parts, especially when the marsupials start hopping along the streets of LA. No, that is not a dream I had. (It could be, though.)

*Star* Racial diversity among the cast is evident but not thrown in your face. In fact, quite a few of the FBI agents are black. The best part is the diversity doesn't feel obligatory, and the non-white characters are developed in terms of what they do and not what they look like.

*Star* So far, the writers have expanded this beyond sci-fi. It's taken a more dramatic angle, sure, but better to go light on the science than to totally bungle the facts and theories. Given the series original source material, I think we'll see more of it in the second half of the season.

*Star* Spoilers ahead!

*Star* It's hard to have a favorite character on this show mainly because everyone has their turn at being an asshole. I guess that's why I like Brice the best. Though he does have his prickish moments, he's a lot less stubborn about things than everyone else. He's seen the business end of the gun and realizes that he still has something to live for. His view of life after the blackout makes me a teensy less cynical.

*Star* Dude, when the Benford marriage explodes, it's going to be an epic trainwreck! Brace yourselves.

*Star* Demetri Noh better not die or I will bawl like an infant. Just...yeah. (And for the record, any character portrayed by John Cho getting killed off is a bad idea. Anyway.)

*Star* I actually do have a rant about this show in relation to ABC. That, however, will be posted in the Angry Rant contest. Stay tuned. *Wink*


© Copyright 2010 Elisa the Bunny Stik (UN: soledad_moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elisa the Bunny Stik has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686625-FlashForward