*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687573
by Minuit
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #1646081
When Robin encounters danger, will she save herself or her family?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#687573 added February 15, 2010 at 10:09am
Restrictions: None
Robin's Discovery
                                                ~Robin’s view~

  ‘Why does he always stalk me?’ I asked myself silently, annoyed by his persistence. He had swooped down into the small classroom, and because none of the students had realized he was there, she followed suit.

  “Can’t you comprehend that you aren’t supposed to be here? You’re supposed to be within the castle’s perimeter! Are you actually trying to get yourself killed?!” he seethed, gazing at the students around them. Luckily, no one could hear him.

  “No, I just wanted to listen to this intriguing lesson, that’s all.” I countered with a smirk, while watching the teacher drone on. Really, when did he breathe? The never-ending flow of indifferent words coming from the teacher’s mouth didn’t seem to fascinate the students around him. Then again, most of them were sleeping…

  “Robin,” he continued, obviously trying to stay calm, “You should know that someone here might be able to sense you. What will happen if they find out about us?”

  “Who cares? Phoenix, they really should. They shouldn’t have us fighting their battles. It’s their arrogance that brought them to this.” I continued lightly, “Anyway, the castle was getting to be a bore. Everywhere I went, I had to keep quiet to prevent myself from striking terror among my people. They were always pointing and whispering about me, like I wasn’t able to “comprehend” their language. So, I decided to leave,” I ended simply.

  “It doesn’t matter! Please, come back. What would happen if these people kidnapped you? Our country would fade without your father commanding it. With him away, anything could happen.” He pleaded, growing irritated.

  “For one, if these people can’t even stay awake, how will they manage to capture anyone, especially if they can’t even _see_ that person?” I pointed out defiantly, and added, “And if you really want me to come back, you sure aren’t showing it. How about this? I’ll come back if you get down on your knees and beg.” I bargained, about to laugh.

  “What in your right mind makes you think I’ll do that?!” he cried out hotly.

    “Okay, then I’m staying.” I concluded firmly, standing my ground. He had to see that I wouldn’t budge on this, so he’d probably give in eventually.
      Time seemed to crawl by, but neither one would allow their own gaze to falter. Eventually, still not breaking eye contact, Phoenix sighed and started to kneel down. His mouth twitching with annoyance, he asked her with a hint of sarcasm in his voice, “Robin, won’t you come back to the castle? Everybody misses you, and they want you to come back. You are like the sun.” he concluded, appearing as though he was about to break down laughing.
        Robin feigned a thoughtful expression in response, but after a while, answered dramatically, “Of course, Phoenix! If you really felt that way, you should have just told me sooner! I’ll come back.” She smiled at the exasperation forming on his face, and added, “Anyway, I was getting bored. These humans don’t have the slightest idea that I’m here and haunting them isn’t fun anymore…”

  “Some actually are able to see us, but they’re just singled out as crazy and locked up. You really can’t blame them; compared to their species, we look pretty fictional.” He answered carelessly as he stretched his silver wings and raised his hands to open the window, but added abruptly, “Seriously, have you ever seen a human with wings?” He flew out the window and beckoned to her to follow.
        Like usual, there was muttering among the students, saying things like, “Must’ve been a freak wind…”, or something typical a human says to suppress what his instincts and fears are crying out to him. Before Robin left, though, somebody looked her way, and she watched in astonishment as his grey eyes focused on her, his expression perplexed.

  ‘That’s impossible!’ she thought, astonished, ‘They aren’t supposed to be able to see us! Is what Phoenix said actually true?!’, and brushed back her black hair from her face.
© Copyright 2010 Minuit (UN: etoilesminuit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Minuit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687573