*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687614-Just-Another-Manic-Monday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#687614 added February 15, 2010 at 6:39pm
Restrictions: None
Just Another Manic Monday
After an evening of no alcohol I retired to bed early last night in the hope of feeling invigorated this morning. Alas, that's when the departments of Bad Memories and Weird Songs decided to open shop and my brain declared sleep wasn't on the agenda.

I play music almost constantly, but have no idea why my mind always retains the most bizarre of lyrics to keep repeating themselves when I'm trying to sleep. Bohemian Rhapsody I'm used to, but last night I was subjected to the repetiton of Lady GaGa for some reason. So it was a case of ...'No, I don't want to think about that... Rah Rah Ah Ah Ah...I don't wish to dwell on this...Rama Rama Ma...Stop torturing yourself and get to sleep...Ga Ga Ooh La La...I want your ugly, I want your disease...Oh Shut Up.'

You get the gist I hope. So, it was quite a relief to get up this morning, sans hangover, in the hope of achieving a few minor tasks in between supermarket shopping and delivering to Humpty. That's when Murphy and Sod decided to visit. *Pthb*

First off I selected my first CD of the day and pressed play. Nothing. Overnight the CD player had decided it didn't want to work any more and had taken a vow of silence. Unphased, I moved the CD to the computer, then remembered I wanted to take a photo of Byron, my old teddy bear, to enter in a contest I'd seen on television. I fetched the camera from upstairs, stripped Byron to expose his unique physique *Blush*, took a few shots, then attached the camera to the computer. Nothing. Overnight it seems the camera and computer had fallen out and refused to speak to each other.

Determined, I took my camera upstairs to the new computer, downloaded the photos, then headed to the television website. Nothing. Overnight it seems the new computer had chucked the internet out of bed and was not prepared to kiss and make up. Cursing, I stored the photos on a memory stick and stomped downstairs to send them to the TV website.

It only took me an hour to register with the site, think up the most ridiculous and never-to-be-remembered usernames and passwords, as all my choices were already taken. There must be a hell of a lot of weird thinkers out there. At last I managed to send the photos, but have had no acknowledgment, so fear they may be lost in the ether. Time well spent indeed. *Rolleyes*

By this time I'm perished, as hubby's idea of heating in the middle of winter is a short blast in the morning and another in the evening. It's a relief to go to the supermarket as even the frozen foods section is tropical by comparison. After dropping stuff off at Humpty's place and sorting out his television as he'd pressed some button on his remote and ended up with a mute, foreign channel, we returned to the igloo.

A Wii session seemed the answer to getting the old circulation going, but it seems overnight the Wii remote and the program had gone out of sync and refused to work together. Unable to locate a hand on the screen, hula hoop, throw snowballs or punch anyone's lights out, I gave up and decided a quiet session sorting and naming photographs on the computer may calm my frazzled nerves. I have no idea why my photos and the brand new computer have declared war, but after waiting ten minutes for one photo to be renamed, I decided to call it a day and go to church.

During the silent Healing Minute, I prayed for my C.D. player, camera, computers, internet connection, Wii and central heating to be restored to full health, as well as those I normally include.

I will not go to bed without a drink tonight and if any Bad Memories or Weird Songs decide to join me when I retire, then I shall kick them out of bed and suggest they join the resident brass band snortler, instead of me.

Tomorrow is another day...may my prayers be answered and my hangover be a little one.


© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687614-Just-Another-Manic-Monday