*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687743-Revenge-On-Saints-For-Favre-Cheapshots-Coming
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#687743 added February 17, 2010 at 12:10am
Restrictions: None
Revenge On Saints For Favre Cheapshots Coming?
It's like a slow burn. Some Vikings players are admitting they didn't know how dirty New Orleans was in that conference title game that may have cost them a Super Bowl bid. Defensive end Ray Edwards and now tight end Visanthe Shiancoe are admitting they were not aware of the abuse Brett Favre was taking from the Saints' defense during that game.

It's hard to believe they wouldn't notice, but it's explained in a blurb from profootballtalk.com on Shianchoe's plans for a litte payback when Minnesota returns to the Superdome on September 9th. There's a link in the story to Edward's comments earlier this month.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/16/shiancoe-says-there-might-be-a-l...

If they(the Saints) still have an extended Mardi Gras hangover, getting their bell rung by angry Vikes might clear out the cobwebs.

And while Favre is contemplating retirement/return from/to football, this support of the future hall of famer may sway him to comeback for another season. I don't think he wants to share the podium with Kurt Warner at Canton, anyway. Or be the second old man to hit the dusty trail because he was discouraged by his ability to overcome a bunch of unSaintly defenders in the playoffs.

Favre can have that special day pretty much all to himself if he suits up one more year.

© Copyright 2010 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687743-Revenge-On-Saints-For-Favre-Cheapshots-Coming