*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688079
by Minuit
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #1646081
When Robin encounters danger, will she save herself or her family?
#688079 added February 20, 2010 at 10:41am
Restrictions: None
Escaping
                                                                ~Robin’s view~
         She had been locked up in the castle for 3 whole weeks now! Couldn’t they comprehend that she just wanted to stretch her wings?
                                                She suppressed a sigh. But they didn’t.

  That only got more of her father’s “guards” to be stationed around her room when she had hollered it out to her dad.

  ‘I have to escape!’ she thought desperately, ‘Even if it’s just for a minute or an hour, I _must_ get out of this horrible room!!!’

  She had been planning to escape since the 2nd hour stuck in that small, confined room. She woke up one night about a week ago and saw the silhouette of a guard open the window slightly. Obviously, the room was sweltering during the day and there wasn’t any venting out of the air. So, they had to allow air in some way, 'Unless they want to suffocate me,' I added as a sidethought.
                                         And even if it was only slightly opened, she would find a way out.

  Anyway, nobody would notice if she was gone a day or two, and that way, she would at least stay sane.
         
  ‘Sure, there’s daddy’s guards, (which I sense are always following me...)’ she reflected, ‘but they're asleep half of the time. Even if it means sneaking out, just for a second; even if I may be betraying my father’s trust… (Like he has any for me, anyway…)I must do it!’ she thought determinedly.
         
  So, it was planned. Robin went to bed early, claiming (aloud, so everybody could hear her) that she was feeling sick, so she could get the most time as possible away from the *cough cough* mildly-depressing room.
         
  She must have been really bored, she counted the precious seconds, clutching at her pillow excitedly each time she heard a creak outside of her room. Sadly, though, the guard first came at about 10 0’clock, 3 _hours_ after she had feigned going to bed. He paused, and gave a sympathizing glance towards Robin, curled up in her bed, not realizing she was feigning sleep as he continued to walk to the windowsill and pry it open.
 
  The second that he left, closing the door softly behind him so as not to stir her from her “dreams”, she leaped from her bed. Ready, but a bit stiff, she then attempted to push herself through the window. She managed to push her hand through, and slowly, inch-by-inch, she got her shoulders out of the cramped space.
         
  ‘What about my stupid wings?!’ she asked herself, growing irritated. Finally, getting tired being so careful, she forcefully smashed herself through. Happy to be free, she didn’t hesitate as she soared into the crisp night.
                                                                   
                                                                  ~Phoenix’s view~
         ‘I can’t believe that I actually felt sorry for her,’ I reflected bitterly, wrapped in an insufferable cast. I slowly opened my eyes and stared at my hazy surroundings. Here I am, a week later, not anywhere near better than before…When would I heal? Every time I tried to sit up, someone pushed me back down, gazing at me reprovingly.

  “How did we escape alive?!”, I wondered aloud, pushing myself to remember what had occurred recently.
         
  She had been stuck in that room for 3 weeks, but that still shouldn’t account for her behavior. When I had walked to her room, wanting to comfort her, I hadn’t expected to see an empty bed in her place!
                                                                       
                                                                ~King’s view~
         “What do you mean by that?!” the king bellowed furiously.

  “Um… just what I said. She seems to have escaped when her guards had retired for the night. She had claimed going to sleep at 7, so they decided to take that night off…”

  “I told them not to do that! Ugh…never mind! Get people out there to search for her, including you! She’s in danger, every second she’s away from this castle!” he roared urgently.

  “Okay, okay! I have an idea where she might be, too…” he comforted carefully, rushing out the door, 'Ahh, why is it I always get yelled at instead of Robin?' he wondered to himself irritatedly.
                                                                         
© Copyright 2010 Minuit (UN: etoilesminuit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Minuit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688079