*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688488-Careful-What-You-Wish-For
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1631466
"Still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise."
#688488 added February 24, 2010 at 1:30am
Restrictions: None
Careful What You Wish For
((The Music))
This mind-tapping, slowing unraveling song had me a little crazy for a while. There is a graceful mix of shredded guitar riffs and simple piano chords wrapped around the synthetic melody that makes you feel like you're falling down the rabbit hole. Kind like "White Rabbit", just slightly more complicated and less acid. The whole album is pretty awesome. We Fell To Earth. Listen. And fall.

((The Life))

Hours Awake
: 49
Cups of Coffee: 6 (large)
Hours of Lecture: 6 (long)
Papers Due: 1 (late)
Sanity Left: About a teaspoon. Barely.

This entry is going to be short. I don't think I can handle much more than a couple of paragraphs at the moment. I'm beginning to twitch. Never a good sign.

The concept of staying up for a couple of days has always been an easy thing for me. I've gone days without sleeping before (5 was my longest). Since I was nine there were times when I couldn't seem to relax enough to get to that place where you sleep. Not that I minded. Me and sleep have a hostile relationship.

It seems I can't handle it anymore.

I've thought about many things since I've been awake, not all of which have been focused on my paper. One of the things is that I haven't written anything none higher-educational related in a while. This might be adding to the building psychosis growing in my brain. There's a theory in my family that I've been experiencing a long-term period of sleep deprivation lo these many years. I'm starting to believe.

The insomnia before you to at least provide me with a period of productivity. I can barely function at the moment, even with all the caffeine flowing through my system. I passed out for a few minutes in my Mathematics class. My professor saw. There's no way he couldn't. I'm really hoping this doesn't haunt me come exam time, lol.

I've rambled enough I think. The bed is calling, and my head is screaming. Take the night off on me. Seriously. You deserve it. And it'll help me fell like less of a chump for passing out before midnight. Haven't done that since elementary school.


Here's a sample of the song. The video isn't compelling.
But you don't need you eyes to listen, now, do you?

© Copyright 2010 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688488-Careful-What-You-Wish-For