*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688688-Well-Thats-a-Bummer
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#688688 added February 25, 2010 at 11:02pm
Restrictions: None
Well That's a Bummer
The results of the ABNA (Amazon Breakout Novel Award) came out, and out of 5000 entries, mine ended up near the bottom 4000. No next round for me.

Oh, well.

There are other contests, other publishers, other books.

Speaking of which, I should get back to it. I have some editing to do as well as continue the brainstorming/preliminary structure of my next novel. Although, I could spend a few moments and lament my poor fortune and scream to all who don’t care that I’m a terrible writer after all, blah, blah, blah.

But I won’t. The contest was decided by three people. As far as odds go, that’s not enough to drag me down. There are other editors and other publishers out there who will like my stuff.

It’s finding them that’s the hard part, and I was hoping to avoid that hard part with the contest.

I should no better. After 40 years of life, I have yet to learn God’s lesson that his path is never easy, never short . . . but always worth the trip.

I want what I want, I want it now, and I don’t want to work for it, dang it!!

Yeah, I feel God rolling his eyes, too.

© Copyright 2010 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688688-Well-Thats-a-Bummer