*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688134-I-Want-to-Cry
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#688134 added February 20, 2010 at 11:45pm
Restrictions: None
I Want to Cry
On a whim, last week I entered a photography contest held by a local camera shop on their facebook page. The theme: Winter Wonderland.

Considering some of the quality entries, I figured I would make maybe the top three. Out of over 40 entries, that was an audacious claim.

A few minutes ago, a gal who works for said camera shop tagged my photo with "Grand Prize Winner."

I must admit I want to cry. Out of all the contests I've entered of late, both for photography and writing, this is the first one I won. The prize is a 16x24 Canvas Gallery Wrap (whatever that is) of my winning photo or a different one if I want -- valued at $100.

I still can't wrap my mind around it yet. Although I really like the photo, I never considered it one of my best. I picked that one out of all the other possibilities because of its uniqueness.

The photo:

Bob's Photo Grand Prize

I think now it won partly because it wasn't a typical winter wonderland photo -- especially compared to the other entries. That's not to knock any of them, because there were some quality entries that made me wonder how I could dare to compete with them.

Then again, just because the photo's been tagged, and there's no other public notice of the win, I could be jumping the gun a bit. Perhaps it's a mistake or there is a Grand Grand Prize Winner, and mine's merely a runner up Grand Prize Winner. I know that's a stretch, but I've misunderstood "wins" before, and didn't realize until I bragged to the entire world that I made a boo-boo.

Until it's made official, I'll reserve my happy dance.

Edit: Okay, it's official. I won!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to happy dance. I can't do that and type at the same time. Buh-bye!

© Copyright 2010 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688134-I-Want-to-Cry