*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688745-A-Little-Wine
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#688745 added February 26, 2010 at 6:53pm
Restrictions: None
A Little Wine
After the worst winter in over twenty years, we were treated to two dry days of temperatures above freezing and the possibility spring just might be around the corner. But then Friday arrived.

I've been over to Newark with my friends Joy and June to see Jane who lives there. I have so many friends whose names begin with J, it's quite weird. Is there an alphabetical pattern with your friendships?

We stepped off the train and were buffeted by howling winds, pouring rain and bitter cold. There was nothing for it but to head for the warmth of the pub and sup a few glasses of vino to assist the circulation.

We enjoyed a meal, more vino and fine if a little explicit *Blush* conversation, before waddling like a row of ducks through the rain to the old-fashioned sweet shop a few doors down. After purchasing bags of goodies reminiscent from childhood, it seemed sensible to head back to the warmth of the pub to share a few more medicinal vinos.

Conversation turned to our plans for a Goth day out in April, so we decided to waddle out in the foul weather to visit the fancy dress shop not far from the pub. I came away clutching a black top hat and a flashing red garter, so on the strength of this we thought it reason enough to return to the warmth of the pub to share a boost of heat from the vino.

Alas, it was too soon time to catch the train home and after shivering and being drenched on railway stations, it seemed appropriate to crack open a bottle of vino on arrival home. It's only right to drink to great friends whose names all begin with J and to many more happy times in the future.

But now it's time to hit the sack and try to get warm for the first time today. No, it won't involve anything apart from hot water bottles, so don't get excited. Tomorrow night is my school reunion which might just involve a few glasses of vino in good company.

What is this life if full of care? I shall continue to strive for that mellow feeling after a couple of vinos which really do help prevent me from wining whining. Have a good weekend my friends, whatever letter your name starts with.

© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688745-A-Little-Wine