*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688912-Short-Lived-Mellowness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#688912 added February 28, 2010 at 12:36pm
Restrictions: None
Short Lived Mellowness
I should have learned by now that feelings of vino-related tranquility are totally unreal and an omen that another disaster is on the horizon.

Before getting ready for the school reunion yesterday I walked up to see my Dad, but on entering the house discovered he was trapped on the floor behind the door. I had to fetch his neighbour to help me move him enough to get in the house and without going into detail it was obvious I needed to call an ambulance out yet again.

We have no idea what happened and why the plug to his alarm unit was out of its socket, so pressing his panic button had failed to contact anyone. He'd obviously been on the floor all night and was in very poor shape.

We have since discovered he's broken his hip bone and it seems likely his general health is not good enough for him to withstand surgery. What happens now we just don't know, but whatever the outcome it's likely to be a very long haul with a lot of care, changes and paperwork ahead.

Obviously, I am very upset and concerned as to the future, so will excuse myself from erratic visits to the site for the moment, as I'm going to be very busy as well as not being able to focus too well on anything.

I could not back out of the reunion as I'm the organiser and there was little could be done anyway with Dad just having been admitted to hospital. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy it as much as anticipated and will make no apologies for the consumption of vino on this occasion.

If it's true our lives are mapped out for us, I'd sure like to meet the person who charted mine.

© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688912-Short-Lived-Mellowness