*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/689191-March-3RIP-Chelsea-Kingand-todays-free-read539-words
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1342524
Reading, Writing, Pondering: Big Life Themes, Literature, Contemporary/Historical Issues
#689191 added March 3, 2010 at 10:39am
Restrictions: None
March 3_RIP Chelsea King_and today's free read_539 words
Today we grieve the loss of a special young lady, who lived a life full of burgeoning promise. An honors student, devoted to Literature and cross-country, already in receipt of several college acceptances, Chelsea King was apparently brutally murdered on Sunday during her jog. A suspect, a known sex offender, was arrested  on Monday and charged. Further investigation seems to indicate that this suspect has a long track record of assaults and sexual offenses.








http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-missing-girl3-2010mar03,0,7095226.story








And now for our daily treat from the MarNoWriMo novel-in-progress, the sequel to The Phantom Logging Operation and Book Two of The Testament Logging Corporation Chronicles:





Chapter 4






         Although only about 4:30 PM, and another three hours from night fall, The GreenHouse stirred, as its consciousness noticed the change in the surrounding atmosphere. Cautiously it extended feelers of perception, shifting through the various etheric and auric layers to discover what had awakened it three hours early. Was it those pesky young boys leaving, in their noisy vehicle? No, not that. Rory, the human who had been instrumental in beginning to return The GreenHouse to its pristine, productive, creatively evil, state? No-the human merely shuffled around in the driveway, looking at wood piles and missing the hopscotch pattern in the driveway. The GreenHouse remembered when the Doll-thing drew the pattern last night and danced the curse, it remembered why; but it also remembered that this human was needed to complete The GreenHouse's return to this dimension, and so he could not be destroyed, not yet, not for a while. Now The GreenHouse decided to act. This was not what had awakened it, not at all; that was occurring in the Graveyard, but it would deal with that moment later. First the curse directed toward the human needed to be eradicated before the effect became manifest. The GreenHouse fully understood that the Doll-thing's antipathy to this human was both personally intentional, and ancestrally-grounded. That is to say, the Doll-thing needed to eradicate the Rory Lewes for purposes of its own, because this Rory was personally a threat to the Doll. However, additionally the Doll-thing acted out of the same continuing pattern it had followed for many centuries against the Knutson clan.








         At the same time, although The GreenHouse in theory could appreciate the Doll-thing's need to curse and eradicate and destroy the Rory-human, that drive on the part of the Doll-thing conflicted with the interests of The GreenHouse. Therefore, the Doll-thing's assaults on Rory could not be allowed to continue, for now. The GreenHouse would commence to put a stop to it, or at least a hiatus. It then proceeded to neatly put a kink into the Doll-thing's spirit web. Because it was acting to favor the human, rather than to destroy him, The GreenHouse was able to act now even though night had not yet arisen. Only during dark fall could it act in evil ways, but its power, although usually latent in the daylight hours, was nevertheless accessible when necessary, and necessary was now. Swiftly it reached out an invisible tentacle of wind and wiped the driveway from end to end, scattering to the farthest corners of Rory's land the few grains of mud and dirt which had constituted the Doll-thing's hopscotch pattern.






© Copyright 2010 Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer (UN: fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/689191-March-3RIP-Chelsea-Kingand-todays-free-read539-words