*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/690573-Drunken-Lullabies
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1631466
"Still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise."
#690573 added March 18, 2010 at 7:49am
Restrictions: None
Drunken Lullabies
((The Music))
Flogging Molly - an awesome jig, especially after staring at the bottom of a glass. Makes you want to shake and move and scream and shout at the top of your lungs with no ability of pitch whatsoever. At some point you're mumbling insanity, and it still sounds okay because everyone else is doing the same damn thing.

Everyone is Irish and green on St. Patty's Day. Rock on, me leprechauns!
*Shamrock**Gold**Shamrock*


((The Life))
Life is life.

I'm trying to be philosophical about this for reasons passing understanding. Currently, I'm sitting here wondering if I have all I need to get what I need. And does what I need also what I want? What if what I want flies in the face of what I need? What needs to be sacrificed? Am I really an objective person about this?

More and more I've been contemplating life over dinner. There is something cathartic about making something with your hands for sustenance for the family. One thing I learned is that I could never be an executive chef in a restaurant. The speed would kill me. I enjoy taking my time with it, and making sure everything does what it's suppose to. The colors, the smells, the tastes.

Feel the yum.

Tomorrow I'll be headed on the bus once more. I'm also becoming philosophical about this. There's something about being on the road that fits who I am. I crave a real home, a steady base. I'm also a creature of the road. I've moved almost every three years of my life. Sometimes I feel like I've been made to do that.

Hypocrisy will kill me. The crap that has happened in the name of politics and power will make me lose my mind. The damn ads on television make me realize why I stopped watching tv for years. Current topics include immigration, same-sex marriage and taxes here in lovely California. The state has gone down the drain. The heads of politicians are shoved so far up their asses, they don't see that everyone is suffering. Stop the bickering and DO SOMETHING.

Things overseas are even worse. The situation in Haiti is downright terrifying. I read an article yesterday speaking about how rape amongst women and young children have skyrocketed. Girls get attacked for going to bathroom. People fear what happens when the sun goes down as there are no lights for the camps. And yet, it takes over three weeks for patrols to arrive, and they aren't doing much to protect the people who have gone through the ringer for the couple of months, many losing their entire families.

What the fuck is wrong with people?

So, I'm being philosophical. Philosopher, my name is Samantha.


Get your jig on people. Happy St. Patty's Day!

© Copyright 2010 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/690573-Drunken-Lullabies