*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/691397-Cooties-and-other-things-of-importance
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#691397 added March 26, 2010 at 9:47am
Restrictions: None
Cooties and other things of importance
It kills me that just about all the people I used to blog with have left. I think Scarlett and Michelle are the only ones who are still here out of the ones I used to read. Does WdC have the cooties all of a sudden? I don't have the energy to develop a new group. About all I ever do now is Facebook, that seems to be where a lot of people have drifted off to.

What's up with me:

I got a new car: a Ford Expedition. It seats seven. We need this because we are always taking my mother and grandmother around, plus we have five in our family. I had an 8-year-old dented-up Hyundai Sonata I was driving around. Not that anything was wrong with that. I was perfectly willing to drive it until it fell apart around me in the road. I'm not one of those who is going to have a new car all the time. I believe in getting my money's worth out of cars. I'll probably drive this new one until I retire. It's not really new, it's a 2007, but that's new enough for me.

It really is a super-nice vehicle. I'll tell you what killed me, though, Last night I took Emily, my 12-year-old, to soccer practice. Usually the parents just sit in their cars and read or whatever during practice. Even during actual games, when we are out on the field, the other parents don't really look my way. This is mostly my doings because I'm such a non-people-person that I keep to myself. However, I'll say that out of all the soccer teams my kids have been on, these parents have been the most content not to have to talk to me.

Last night I drove my shiny new vehicle up, let Em out, not thinking about it too much that anything would be different. Anna Claire, the 9-year-old, was playing with my i-pod and watching the DVD player (another reason we got this car, my husband and I might can have a conversation on trips), and I was reading. All of a sudden I had all these new friends among the other soccer parents. I'm sure the fact that their kids begging them to be able to watch TV with Anna Claire didn't have anything to do with it.

Ah, well.



© Copyright 2010 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/691397-Cooties-and-other-things-of-importance