*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/691817-The-wind-blows
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#691817 added March 30, 2010 at 2:13pm
Restrictions: None
The wind blows
Word count: 503

The wind blows scattering yellow blossoms across the black asphalt. The blossoms are the unrequited desires of yesterday blown from the limbs of lost hope.

The wind blows reminding me that when March comes in like a lion, it is supposed to go out like a lamb. This year March is not going out like a lamb. This year, in Las Vegas, March is going out like a lion. This year, in Las Vegas, March came in with wind and clouds; March came in like a lion. This year, March came in like a lion and it is going out like a lion.

The wind blows, March will soon end and April begin and the first quarter of 2010 is almost history. What will the history books say about the first quarter of 2010? The snow, which covered the Eastern portion of the United States, will certainly make it into the history book. How will historians in the future refer to the snow of 2010? Will they call it the blizzard of 2010?

The wind blows, I look out my living room window and I see weeds growing in my yard. The weeds are the result of January and February rainstorms in Las Vegas. It rain more in the first two months of 2010 then in all of 2009. In Las Vegas, some of the street ran curb to curb with water, but that was because of litter blocking sewer drains on the corners of each street.

The wind blows, clouds move across the desert sky blocking the sun. Despite the rain, we did not have a hundred year flood or a thousand year flood in Las Vegas. Since this is the twenty-first century, we are due for both types of floods in the Las Vegas area; in Southern Nevada. We have a beautiful, brand new flood control work that was finished in the past ten or fifteen years. Since we did not have a real flood this year, it is possible that the flood control work did its job.

The wind blow, through the limbs of olive, oak, elm, stone pine trees, etc. and the limbs dance scattering pollen in the air and yellow blossoms in the street. This year, every plant in the Las Vegas metropolitan are blooms, which means that the desert surrounding the city will bloom as well. Flowering trees, bushes, and cactus release their pollen into the air and allergies act up.

The wind blows, clouds move from East to West or perhaps from West to East. Dancing tree limbs do not indicate the direction of the wind. We had a wind advisory in the area, this means that the wind may get up to approximately 60 mph sometime this week or weekend. I do not remember the specific of the advisory; I read the e-mail message and then deleted it from my inbox. I suppose I could check my trash before I delete the message it contains.

Scattering yellow
blossoms across black asphalt
the laughing wind blows.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/691817-The-wind-blows