*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692712-April-9---255-word-count
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1342524
Reading, Writing, Pondering: Big Life Themes, Literature, Contemporary/Historical Issues
#692712 added May 1, 2010 at 11:50am
Restrictions: None
April 9 255 word count
More saddening news from West Virginia: the third rescue attempt in the Upper Big Branch Mine in three days ended due to another fire breaking out, and it is now believed by rescue workers that none of the missing miners had been able to reach the safety pockets provided for emergencies. This event has been labeled the U.S.'s worse mining disaster in 26 years; coincidentally (or not), this occurred the same week the EPA has ruled against mountaintop removal as an environmental hazard. Good news about MTR, tragic news for the people of Montcoal and their lost loved ones. We continue to grieve on their behalf.





http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-naw-coal-mine10-2010apr10,0,28...





Yesterday was my youngest child's 27th birthday.


I wrote 7 pages on the Stage Play, taking me to a total of 46, almost the half required, and only less than 1/4 into the month. So that's cool.:)


First thing in the morning I wrote out a Timeline which will serve not only for the Play but for Book Three of The Yoruba Series, which will flesh out the characters and events of the Play, and of course add more.


Then I wrote a long early scene.





I also finished the remaining book of I.J. Parker's wonderful 11th century Japan series: remaining in the sense that this is the last I've received from the state library system. I've now read all in the series except the newest, The Convict and the Sword, and now I'm racing through the fantastic anthology edited by Peter Straub, Poe's Children. Superb stories, all.

© Copyright 2010 Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer (UN: fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692712-April-9---255-word-count