*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692784-April-10More-on-Upper-Big-Branch-Mine-Disaster-161-wc
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1342524
Reading, Writing, Pondering: Big Life Themes, Literature, Contemporary/Historical Issues
#692784 added May 1, 2010 at 11:46am
Restrictions: None
April 10_More on Upper Big Branch Mine Disaster 161 wc
I grieve to report that the four missing miners in the Upper Big Branch Mine explosion have been located-deceased. Our thoughts and prayers go out to their families and friends as well as to the loved ones of the miners discovered earlier.


Our gratitude also goes to those indefatigable rescuers-local, state, and federal-who went above and beyond the call of duty, despite severe and toxic conditions-to rescue these trapped miners. Although the outcome was tragic, at least the families know that all that could be done in terms of rescue was done, and although it is inappropriate to term this closure, the loved ones do know the outcome of their missing men.





Such cannot be said for Massey Energy Company, whose total of violations in the last few years staggers a rational imagination. Something must be done, or this "worst mining disaster in nearly forty years" won't be the last one. And we never, never, want any more like this-ever again.












Designed by me for NaNo 2009

© Copyright 2010 Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer (UN: fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692784-April-10More-on-Upper-Big-Branch-Mine-Disaster-161-wc