*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692781-Beauty
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#692781 added April 10, 2010 at 8:09am
Restrictions: None
Beauty
Out for our usual Friday family dinner, we ended up discussing beauty. What I find amazing is how the men in my life see women so completely different from me. Makes me wonder if it is I who truly can't see, or could it be them.

We wind up at Ram's Horn at least a few times a month. We know the owners, their siblings and children who work there as well. There are three women who look very much alike. As they should, they are family. I thought the girl working the counter that night was the daughter of the owner, looking so much like her mother, but no. Hubby informs me that it's her sister. I remarked how much they all look alike. He starts telling us that he and his single friend N were commenting on her, with a waiter the previous week. That the waiter told them she was divorced with three kids. Well, since N is divorced with two of his own, and actively looking, the conversation grew. Hubby relays how they were joking to the waiter, but he thought they were serious,that N couldn't get a women like her.

"She's ugly," hubby remarks.
"What? You've got to be kidding. She's prettier than I am," I say.
"OMG mom, you just don't realize how beautiful you are," Zak points out. "She looks like a fish."
Hubby laughs, "See."

Of course I shake my head and think they're both nuts.

So what is it? Is it my perception that's off, or theirs? I spent the rest of dinner trying to figure this out. And let me tell you, my head hurt from doing so. *Laugh*

I have a tendency to look deeper into people, not at the outside as if it were the be all. And I admit that I do not see myself as others do, even find it hard to believe some of the things people say to me. Compliments make me cringe, lol, but I'm working on it.

So what is beauty anyway? I imagine it means something different to everyone. Just because I can't see it in something, doesn't mean someone else won't or cant. So, I do declare everything I see is BEAUTIFUL!

Congrats to Lonewolf on becoming a MOD. Oh my, I know a blue case, I know a blue case. Now...about that lunch *Wink*

Tf

© Copyright 2010 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692781-Beauty